COTT (COT) Stocks
📊 Cott Corporation, an American beverage and food-service company, was incorporated in 1955 and has its headquarters in Tampa, Florida. The company operates in the U.S., Canada and Europe through its sales and distribution facilities and fleets, as well as distributors and wholesalers. Its clientele includes residences, businesses, restaurant chains, hotels and motels, retailers and healthcare facilities.
📊 The company’s history can be traced back to the Cott Beverage Corporation established by Polish immigrant, Solomon Cott and his son, Harry. The company’s name was changed to Cott Beverages Ltd. in 1969 and to Cott Corporation in 1991.
📊 The company has approximately 50 manufacturing sites and more than 370 branch distribution- and warehouse facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Israel.
📊 The company operates through a number of subsidiaries such as Cott. Ltd, AquaTerra Corporation, Crystal Rock Holdings, Eden Springs (Switzerland) and Cott Beverages Ltd.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 10 400 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF COTT
- Cott Corporation is a route-based service company active in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and globally. It conducts its operations through three primary segments: Route Based Services; Coffee, Tea and Extract Solutions, and All Other.
- The company’s principal divisions are Cott Beverages Canada, Cott Beverages USA, Cott United Kingdom and Cott Europe.
- The company’s extensive portfolio of products include: bottled water, brewed tea, coffee, water dispensers, coffee and tea brewers, specialty coffee, liquid coffee/tea concentrate, single-cup coffee, cold brewed coffee, blended teas, hot tea, sparkling tea, coffee or tea extract solutions, filtration equipment, hot chocolate, soups, malt drinks, creamers/whiteners, cereals and beverage concentrates, to name but a few.
- The company’s bottled water brands are Sparkletts, Hinckley Springs, Kentwood Springs, Canadian Springs, Eden Springs and Labrador. Cott’s coffee brands are Keurig, Starbucks Coffee, Caribou Coffee, Mars Alterra, Javarama, Lavazza and Peet’s Coffee & Tea.
- The majority of the company’s coffee and tea products under retailer- or food-service brands are sold to customers who own the trademarks of those products.
VISION & VALUES OF COTT
- Cott Corporation focuses on innovation that stimulates further growth and offers more opportunities to its clientele. It promotes sustainability to drive efficiencies and inspire innovation. The company constantly exceeds customers’ expectations by delivering outstanding products and excellent service.
- It maintains the highest ethical standards in all of its operations and always seeks for ways to make an impact on the community, the industry and the world. This business strategy fosters trust among the company’s clients, partners and shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF COTT
- Cott Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “COT”.
- For the second quarter of 2019 the company recorded gross profit of US$ 313 million, an increase of 4%. Gross margin as a percentage of revenue increased 190 basis points to 51.8%. Reported net income was US$ 4 million.
- The company’s solid market performance bodes well for shareholders who can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.