CRESCENT POINT ENERGY (CPG) Stocks
ABOUT CRESCENT POINT ENERGY
📊 Crescent Point Energy Corporation, an oil- and gas-exploration company, was founded in 2001 as Crescent Point Energy Ltd. and has its headquarters in Calgary, Alberta in Canada.
📊 The company explores, develops and produces light and medium crude oil and natural gas reserves in Western Canada and the United States. It has natural gas and crude oil properties and related assets in the provinces of Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia and Manitoba in Canada, as well as the states of North Dakota, Utah and Montana in the U.S.
📊 The company is Canada’s 12th largest oil and gas producer.
📊 The company focuses primarily on light oil production in southern Saskatchewan and the Uinta basin in Utah. It owns a host of subsidiaries such as Ryland Oil Corporation, Landex Petroleum Corp., Pilot Energy Ltd., Coral Hill Energy, Ltd, Canex Energy Inc. and Wild Stream Exploration Inc., to name but a few.
📊 Since its establishment in 2001, Crescent Point has increased its production capacity significantly.
📊 Today, the corporation employs approximately 1 000 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF CRESCENT POINT ENERGY
- Upon its inception in 2001, Crescent Point Energy Corporation began trading on the TSX Venture Exchange as a junior production and exploration company. It listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and merged with Tappit Resources the next year. Crescent Point converted to an income trust as part of this merger agreement.
- Through its acquisition of Mission Oil and Gas in 2007, the company acquired a considerable position in the Viewfield Bakken oil field in the Williston Basin. It also began expanding its Three Forks play north and south of the border in 2007.
- The company converted back from an income trust to a corporation in 2009. It then acquired properties in Saskatschewan’s Lower Shaunavon resource play from Penn West Energy Trust.
- It acquired Ute Energy Holdings in 2012. This acquisition added significant oil production capabilities in the Uinta Basin in Utah to the company’s production portfolio.
- The company began trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in 2014.
- As of the end of 2018, the company’s production amounted to 178,000boe/day.
VISION & VALUES OF CRESCENT POINT ENERGY
- Crescent Point Energy’s mission is to create value for shareholders who purchase company shares by developing a cost-effective asset base in a responsible and sustainable manner.
- The company continuously strives to make a positive impact on the communities in which it operates.
- It therefore takes pride in its Crescent Point business model which enables the company to minimize environmental impacts, maximize safety and ensure the adherence to ethical business practices.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CRESCENT POINT ENERGY
- Crescent Point Energy Corporation trades on the NYSE under the stock symbol “CPG”. The company is an S&P/TSX 60 component.
- For the second quarter 2019, the company’s adjusted funds flow totaled US$ 503.8 million or $ 92 per share, based on a strong operating netback of $ 36.59 per boe.
- The company also managed to reduce its net debt during the first half of the year by more than US$ 450 million. This strong performance affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of attractive dividends and returns.