CSS INDUSTRIES (CSS) Stocks
ABOUT CSS INDUSTRIES
📊 CSS Industries, Inc. is a consumer products company. Its portfolio includes high quality gifts, cards and seasonal brands that it offers to the food and drug, gift, discount and specialty industries at affordable prices. The company’s subsidiaries include BOC Design Group, C.R. Gibson and Paper Magic Group, Inc.
📊 CSS Industries, Inc. has approximately 30 facilities and offices across the United States, Australia, Hong Kong, China, the United Kingdom and India.
📊 Its headquarters is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The company employs more than 2 000 people.
HISTORY OF CSS INDUSTRIES
- The company is founded in 1923 as a holding company. It is originally named City Stores Company and it buys B. Lowenstein, Inc., Maison Blanche Company and Loveman, Joseph & Loeb, department stores across Tennessee, Louisiana and Kentucky.
- In 1928 the company buys a majority interests in Lit Brothers in Pennsylvania. The company soon expands and in a few years it owns 39 stores in 19 countries.
- In the early 1950’s the company merges with Specialty Stores Company and changes its name to City Specialty Stores (CSS). In 1961 the W. & J. Sloane chain stores are purchased. It adds 30 furniture stores from several locations to the company’s portfolio including California, New Jersey and New York.
In 1985 the company’s names is changes to CSS Industries, Inc. In 1986 it buys a metal containers company named EllisCo Co. Two years later a gift wrap company, Paper Magic Group, is purchased. It designs and manufactures paper products and produces products with characters from Walt Disney, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Care Bears.
- Several more companies are bought during the next few years and CSS soon becomes one of the largest in the industry.
VISION & VALUES OF CSS INDUSTRIES
- CSS Industries, Inc. values its customers, employees, shareholders and consumers. Its goal is to create value and positive experiences for all. Innovation and creativity are encouraged in the workplace. The health and safety of employees are taken seriously and operations are conducted with environmental responsibility.
- Business is conducted in accordance with the laws and regulations as well as with high ethical standards.
- Environmentally responsible operations include waste management and responsible sourcing. The company reduces energy and water consumption and waste by installing automatic shutoff lights, regulating climate control as well as recycling boxes, paper, printer cartridges and plastic.
- It uses less raw materials and packaging in its manufacturing facilities. Water is utilized to minimize emissions and create new opportunities to design packaging more environmentally friendly.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CSS INDUSTRIES
- CSS Industries, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CSS”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $ 328,605 thousand. Net sales are $ 57,537 thousand and gross profit is $ 12,106 thousand.
- Cash and cash equivalents are $ 12,251 thousand.