CURTISS-WRIGHT (CW) Stocks
📊 Curtiss-Wright Corporation, a multinational American diversified product manufacturer and service provider, was founded in 1929 and has its headquarters in Davidson, North Carolina.
📊 The company’s roots date back to the Wright brother’s first flight in 1903, as well as Glenn Curtiss, the father of naval aviation. These three pioneers founded the Curtiss Aeroplane and Motor Company and Wright Aeronautical Corporation which then merged to form the biggest aircraft company at the time, Curtiss-Wright Corporation.
📊 The company gained acclaim during World War II as the largest aircraft manufacturer in the U.S. It gradually progressed from the final assembly of finished aircraft to a component manufacturer specializing in aircraft controls, actuators and valves, as well as the provision of surface treatment services.
📊 The company also operates as a supplier to the commercial nuclear power, nuclear navy systems, industrial vehicles and oil and gas industries.
📊 Today, Curtiss-Wright Corporation employs approximately 9 000 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF CURTISS-WRIGHT
- Curtiss-Wright Corporation boasts a balanced and diversified business portfolio and conducts its operations through three segments: Commercial/Industrial, Defense and Power.
- The company has been trading public for over 85 years, and its innovative and highly engineered products and services are recognized for their cutting-edge technology and unsurpassed reliability.
- It maintains steady growth by leveraging the critical mass and powerful suite of capabilities and has developed over the years. It continuously drives operational excellence and practices sound financial discipline to achieve top quartile performance which set it apart from its competitors.
- The company enjoys a world-renowned reputation for performance, long-standing customer relationships and profitability in the markets in which it competes.
- It plans to continue to invest in the future and build the company through organic investments supplemented by strategic acquisitions to extend its portfolio of advanced technologies in its commercial and defense businesses.
VISION & VALUES OF CURTISS-WRIGHT
- The company’s core values provide the strong foundation for its continued success. These values are reflected in every aspect of it operations. The company’s core values include leadership, customer focus, integrity, innovation, trust and respect for all people.
- Curtiss-Wright takes these values to heart in its relationships with its customers and employees.
- The company is totally dedicated to meeting customers’ expectations and delivering upon promises in a timely fashion. This operational strategy adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares as they are assured of optimum value at all times.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CURTISS-WRIGHT
- Curtiss-Wright Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “CW”. The company is an S&P 400 component.
- For the fourth quarter 2018, the company reported diluted earnings per share of $ 1.89. Net sales were US$ 214 million and reported and adjusted operating income of US$ 110 million.
- Shareholders who buy or sell company shares can therefore expect attractive dividends and returns.