D.R. HORTON (DHI) Stocks
ABOUT D.R. HORTON
📊 D.R. Horton, Inc., an American home building company, was incorporated on July 1, 1991 and has its headquarters in Arlington, Texas. The company is incorporated in Delaware and is the largest home builder in the U.S., based on the number of homes closed. It operates in about 84 markets in 29 states.
📊 It was founded in 1978 by Donald R. Horton. Since its founding the company has acquired a number of companies such as Continental Homes, Emerald Builders, Century Title Agency, Schuler Homes, Pacific Ridge Homes and Wilson Parker Homes.
📊 In 2015, the company also got approval from the Honolulu City Council for a community-home project in West Oahu, Hawaii. Since its inception, the company has delivered approximately 700 000 homes to U.S. customers.
📊 It is ranked #211 on the Fortune 500 list of biggest U.S companies by revenue.
📊 The company operates three branded divisions: Emerald Homes that is sold as luxury real estate, Express Homes that focuses on entry-level buyers, and Freedom Homes that caters to the active adult community, age 55 and over. Brand names include D.R. Horton, Express Homes, Emerald Homes, Regent Homes, America’s Builder, Crown Communities and Pacific Ridge Homes.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 7 000 marketing experts across its operations.
You might also like: COTY STOCKS
HISTORY OF D.R. HORTON
- D.R. Horton operates through its home building divisions, financials services and other businesses segments.
- Its 44 home building divisions are grouped into six segments: East Region, South Central Region, Midwest Region, West Region, Southwest Region and Southeast Region. This division builds and sells single-family detached homes and attached homes comprising town homes, duplexes, triplexes and condominiums. Home designs are selected or prepared in each market for local home buyers.
- The financial services segment sells mortgages and collects fees for title insurance agency- and closing services. The company’s subsidiary, DHI Mortgage Company, Ltd (DHI Mortgage) offers mortgage financing services to home buyers in home building markets.
- It originates loans and sells the mortgages and related servicing rights to third-party purchases. The other business activities division comprises of subsidiaries engaged in insurance-related operations and own income-producing rental properties.
VISION & VALUES OF D.R. HORTON
- D.R. Horton, Inc. brings change to the industry through its customer-first mindset. It is passionate about creating homes in which families can thrive and build their future.
- The company puts strong emphasis on affordability. By operating from a set of people-focussed core values, it enables growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- Values to which the company adheres in its daily operations include integrity, drive, vision and collaboration. It is completely dedicated to the individual needs of each and every homebuyer.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF D.R. HORTON
- D.R. Horton, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “DHI”. The company is an S&P component.
- It performs steadily in the market which affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns. For example, in fiscal 2017 it recorded total revenue of US$14.091 billion and net income of US$1.038 billion. T
- he company’s assets for the same period were valued at US$12.184 billion.
You might also like: COPART STOCKS
LATEST NEWS D.R. HORTON
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy D.R. HORTON Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN D.R. HORTON STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE D.R. HORTON STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of D.R. HORTON stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy D.R. HORTON stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CONAGRA BRANDS STOCKS