D.R. HORTON (DHI) Stocks
ABOUT D.R. HORTON
📊 D.R. Horton, Inc., an American home building company, was incorporated on July 1, 1991 and has its headquarters in Arlington, Texas. The company is incorporated in Delaware and is the largest home builder in the U.S., based on the number of homes closed. It operates in about 84 markets in 29 states.
📊 It was founded in 1978 by Donald R. Horton. Since its founding the company has acquired a number of companies such as Continental Homes, Emerald Builders, Century Title Agency, Schuler Homes, Pacific Ridge Homes and Wilson Parker Homes.
📊 In 2015, the company also got approval from the Honolulu City Council for a community-home project in West Oahu, Hawaii. Since its inception, the company has delivered approximately 700 000 homes to U.S. customers.
📊 It is ranked #211 on the Fortune 500 list of biggest U.S companies by revenue.
📊 The company operates three branded divisions: Emerald Homes that is sold as luxury real estate, Express Homes that focuses on entry-level buyers, and Freedom Homes that caters to the active adult community, age 55 and over. Brand names include D.R. Horton, Express Homes, Emerald Homes, Regent Homes, America’s Builder, Crown Communities and Pacific Ridge Homes.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 7 000 marketing experts across its operations.
HISTORY OF D.R. HORTON
- D.R. Horton operates through its home building divisions, financials services and other businesses segments.
- Its 44 home building divisions are grouped into six segments: East Region, South Central Region, Midwest Region, West Region, Southwest Region and Southeast Region. This division builds and sells single-family detached homes and attached homes comprising town homes, duplexes, triplexes and condominiums. Home designs are selected or prepared in each market for local home buyers.
- The financial services segment sells mortgages and collects fees for title insurance agency- and closing services. The company’s subsidiary, DHI Mortgage Company, Ltd (DHI Mortgage) offers mortgage financing services to home buyers in home building markets.
- It originates loans and sells the mortgages and related servicing rights to third-party purchases. The other business activities division comprises of subsidiaries engaged in insurance-related operations and own income-producing rental properties.
VISION & VALUES OF D.R. HORTON
- D.R. Horton, Inc. brings change to the industry through its customer-first mindset. It is passionate about creating homes in which families can thrive and build their future.
- The company puts strong emphasis on affordability. By operating from a set of people-focussed core values, it enables growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- Values to which the company adheres in its daily operations include integrity, drive, vision and collaboration. It is completely dedicated to the individual needs of each and every homebuyer.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF D.R. HORTON
- D.R. Horton, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “DHI”. The company is an S&P component.
- It performs steadily in the market which affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns. For example, in fiscal 2017 it recorded total revenue of US$14.091 billion and net income of US$1.038 billion. T
- he company’s assets for the same period were valued at US$12.184 billion.