DARDEN RESTAURANTS (DRI) Stocks
ABOUT DARDEN RESTAURANTS
📊 Darden Restaurants, Inc., an American multi-brand restaurant operator, was incorporated on March 30, 1995 and has its headquarters in Orlando, Florida. At the end of May 2016, the company owned and operated 1 536 restaurants through subsidiaries in the U.S. and Canada.
📊 The company’s portfolio comprise two fine-dining restaurant chains, Eddie V’s Prime Seafood and the Capital Grille, as well as six casual dining restaurant chains, namely Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, LongHorn Steakhouse, Seasons 52, Yard House and Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen. As of 2018 the company also owns Red Lobster.
📊 The company’s history can be traced back to the Green Frog, a restaurant opened by William Darden in 1938 in Waycross, Georgia. This restaurant formed the basis of the company that later became known as Darden Restaurants.
📊 Today, Darden is the only Fortune 500-company with its headquarters in Greater Orlando. It currently employs approximately 185 000 people across its extensive operations.
You might also like: D.R. HORTON STOCKS
HISTORY OF DARDEN RESTAURANTS
- Darden Restaurants, Inc. conducts its operations through various segments: Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Fine Dining (comprising of The Capital Grille and Eddie V’s Prime Seafood and Wildfish Seafood Grille) and Other Business (Yard Hose, Seasons 52, Bahama Breeze, consumer-packaged goods and franchise revenues.
- Olive Garden is a full service dining Italian restaurant operator in the U.S. Its menu comprises a range of authentic Italian foods and a selection of imported Italian wines. LongHorn Steakhouse is a full service steakhouse restaurant that operates in the eastern U.S.
- Its menu features fresh steaks, chicken, shrimps, ribs, and burgers to name but a few. It is known for its food, classic rock and 100 draft beer offerings. The Fine Dining segment operates Capital Grille, among others. The latter is known for seafood flown in daily and culinary specials created by its chefs.
- The Other Business segment comprises Bahama Breeze that offers a menu featuring seafood, chicken, steaks and handcrafted tropical cocktails. It operates primarily in the eastern U.S. and boasts a wine bar comprising of about 100 wines. Eddie V’s and Wildfish Seafood Grille also fall in this segment.
VISION & VALUES OF DARDEN RESTAURANTS
- Darden Restaurants, Inc.’s mission is to be financially successful through great people who consistently deliver outstanding food, drinks and service in an inviting atmosphere guaranteed to see guests return.
- The company conducts its operations from a platform of trust and integrity. It always does the right thing. By doing everything ethically and honestly it creates confidence among – and adds value for – shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF DARDEN RESTAURANTS
- Darden Restaurants, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “DRI”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- For the second quarter of 2019, the company recorded total sales of US$1.97 billion, an increase of 4.9% over the previous fiscal quarter. The company’s diluted net earnings per share from continuing operations increased by 29.6% to $0.92.
- This financial performance bodes well for shareholders as it affords them the confidence to buy or sell shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: COTY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS DARDEN RESTAURANTS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy DARDEN RESTAURANTS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN DARDEN RESTAURANTS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE DARDEN RESTAURANTS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of DARDEN RESTAURANTS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy DARDEN RESTAURANTS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : COPART STOCKS