📊 Data#3 Limited is a publicly traded information and communications technology company. It operates across Australia with its head office in Brisbane.
📊 Its history dates to 1977 when Terry Powell and Graham Clark established Powell, Clark and Associates (PCA) to offer professional consulting and data processing services to companies and individuals who install computer-based information systems.
📊 IBM launched its first personal computer in 1984. Data#3 Limited launched the same year, with the merging of Powell, Clark and Associates, and Albrand Typewriters & Office Machines Pty Ltd. It knew the launch of the personal computer heralded a new era for computing.
📊 The company moved ahead to become one of Queensland’s first personal computer dealerships and the first reseller of IBM’s multiuser computing systems.
📊 Today, it is one of Australia’s leading Business Technology Solutions companies with about 1 200 employees operating from multiple locations. It specializes in healthcare, retail, distribution and financial services sectors.
📊 The name Data#3 empowers strength, stability and innovation.
OVERVIEW OF DATA#3
- Data#3 Limited is involved in providing information technology solutions.
- The Company operates through two segments: Product, which provides hardware and software licenses for its customers’ desktop, network and data center infrastructure.
- Services, which provides consulting, project, managed and maintenance contracts. It also includes workforce recruitment and contracting services, in relation to the design, implementation, operation, and support of information and communication technologies solutions.
- Its technology covers various areas, such as consulting, data and analytics for business decision, hybrid information technology IT/cloud, IT lifecycle management, and security to manage cyber security.
VISION & VALUES OF DATA#3
- In pursuit of Data#3 Limited’s vision and by following its core values, it has an exceptional opportunity to deliver value to the company’s key stakeholder audiences. This includes customers, technology partners, shareholders, community and its people.
- The company believes that as it grows and increases its profits, it has an obligation to support the community to grow with it.
- The company’s social responsibility mission is to work to support the communities it operates in and make a meaningful difference.
- Data#3 remains dedicated to contributing to the national economy, to have a positive influence on the communities in which it operates, and to reduce its impact on the environment.
- All its permanent employees can spend one day every year to devote to a charitable cause. Shareholders who purchase company shares can rest assured of superior value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF DATA#3
- Data#3 Limited trades on Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and lists under the stock symbol DTL. The company forms part of ASX 100.
- AT the end of July 2019, the total gross profit increased by 8.6% from $ 160.1 million to $ 173.9 million. The group’s total net profit before tax increased by 30.2% from $ 20.4 million to $ 26.6 million.
- Net profit after tax increased by 28.7% from $ 14.1 million to $ 18.1 million. This represented basic earnings per share of 11.76 cents, an increase of 28.7%.
- The board declared fully franked dividends of 10.7 cents per share for the full year, an increase of 30.5%, and representing a payout ratio of 91.0%.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy DATA#3 Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN DATA#3 STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE DATA#3 STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of DATA#3 stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy DATA#3 stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?