DAVITA (DVA) Stocks
📊 DaVita, Inc. is a health care kidney dialysis provider. DaVita owns a 37 percent share in the dialysis market. It is the largest kidney provider in the United States, providing patient-centric care models to patients with chronic kidney failure and stage renal diseases with the latest, advanced technologies and high-quality care.
📊 Its main focus is the treatment of end-stage renal disease (ESRD). Patients need dialysis three times a week for the rest of their lives. The company’s portfolio includes more than 2 660 outpatient dialysis centers in the United States and more than 240 outpatient dialysis centers in 9 other countries.
📊 DaVita has more than 1.7 million patients around the globe. During 2019 DaVita, Inc. served 203 000 patients. The company enhances mortality and reduces hospitalizations.
📊 DaVita, Inc.’s headquarters is located in Denver, Colorado. The company employs more than 77 000 people. DaVita, Inc. is and S&P 500 Index company as well as a Fortune 500 company.
HISTORY OF DAVITA
- Medical Ambulatory Care, Inc. is founded in 1979 as a subsidiary of National Medical Enterprises, Inc. In 1994 DLJ Merchant Banking Partners purchases 70 percent of Medical Ambulatory Care, Inc. for a price of $75.5 million. The company is renamed Total Renal Care Holdings, Inc.
- In 1995 it has its initial public offering and raises $107 million. The company buys Renal Treatment Centers in 1998 for a price of $1.3 billion in stock.
- The company sells its non-United States operations in 2000 and changes its name to DaVita, Inc. in 2014 DaVita buys Colorado Springs Health Partners for a price of $4.42 billion. This adds 600 employees and 110 000 patients to the company’s portfolio.
- In 2016 it buys a 20-site patients healthcare practice, The Everett Clinic Medical Group, for $385 million, adding more than 315 000 patients to its portfolio.
VISION & VALUES OF DAVITA
- DaVita, Inc. is committed to its patients, communities, shareholders, environment and employees. Business is conducted with trust, integrity and respect. Patients receive care with high-quality, innovative technology.
- In 2018 the company and its employees donates more than $1.9 million to local non-profit organizations. Since 2011 more than $11 million and 140 000 volunteer hours are contributed by the company and its employees.
- Since 2006 DaVita employees, friends and family members contributes nearly 180 000 hours of volunteer work to non-profit organizations.
- DaVita, Inc. is on Fortune’s list of World’s Most Admired Companies for 10 years.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF DAVITA
- DaVita, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “DVA”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total revenues of $ 2,842,705 thousand. Total assets are $ 19,930,960 thousand and total operating expenses and charges are $ 2,380,819 thousand.
- Operating income is $ 461,886 thousand and net income is $ 327,157 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 3,575,638 thousand.