DIAGEO (DEO) Stocks
📊 Diageo PLC is a beverage alcohol company. Its portfolio offers a wide variety of beer and spirits that include more than 200 well-known brands which can be purchased in over 180 countries around the globe.
📊 Prices range from inexpensive to high-end, relevant, crafted, luxurious and authentic to meet the demand of all customers. These brands include Tanqueray Gin, Black & White, Johnnie Walker, J&B, Crown Royal and Bulleit whiskey, Don Julio and Casamigos tequila, Guinness beer, Ketel One and Smirnoff Vodka as well as Ron Zacapa and Captain Morgan rum.
📊 Diageo PLC’s headquarters is located in Park Royal London. The company employs approximately 30 000 people in various locations across the globe.
HISTORY OF DIAGEO
- In 1997 the company is created with a merger between Grand Metropolitan and Guinness. In the early 2000’s Diageo sells Burger King, Pillsbury and its other food assets in order to focus on beverages.
- In 2001 the company buys Seagram, a wine and spirits company. It adds well-known brands such as Crown Royal and Captain Morgan to its portfolio.
- In 2008 Diageo presents DRINKiQ to educate customers about the decisions they make when drinking. The same year the company enters a partnership with the Nolet Family, creating an equal company that has the rights to sell and market Ketel One Vodka in the United States. Diageo buys the Turkish spirits giant, Mey Içki in 2011 for the price of £1.3 billion.
- The next year it invests £1 billion in Scotch whisky production. Diageo purchases Meta Abo Brewery, expanding its portfolio to China, Vietnam, Ethiopia and Brazil.
- During 2013 the company buys interests in United Spirits Limited. Several more acquisitions take place during the next few years to build the successful company that Diageo is today.
VISION & VALUES OF DIAGEO
- Diageo PLC’s goal is to offer high performing, trusted and respected products to its customers around the globe. The company values ambition, respect, a good culture and high business standards.
- It is passionate about its customers and create new opportunities to deliver exciting new products and brands to the world. Diageo aims for geographical diversity and improving its performance.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF DIAGEO
- Diageo PLC trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock Symbol “DEO”.
- Data analysis for the company’s year ending 30 June 2019 reports net sales of £ 12.9 billion, an increase of 5.8 percent. Reported operating profit is £ 4.0 billion, an increase of 9.5 percent.
- Organic operating profit increases with 9.0 percent. Net cash from operating activities are £ 3.2 billion and free cash flow is £ 2.6 billion. Dividends increases with 5 percent to 68.57 pence per share.