DIAMONDBACK ENERGY (FANG) Stocks
ABOUT DIAMONDBACK ENERGY
📊 Diamondback Energy, Inc., an independent American oil and natural gas company, was incorporated on December 30, 2011 and has its headquarters in Midland, Texas. The company is organized in Delaware and involved in the acquisition, exploration, development and exploitation of unconventional onshore oil and natural gas reserves in Texas’ Permian Basin.
📊 Diamondback Energy, Inc. began operating in 2007 when it acquired 4.174 net acres in the Permian Basin. It made its initial public offering in 2012. The company acquired the assets of Brigham Resources Operating, LLC and Brigham Resource Midstream, LLCfor US$2.55 billion.
📊 At the end of 2018, the company had 992 million barrels of oil equivalent of estimated proved reserves. Of these, 63% was petroleum, 19% was natural gas and 18% natural gas liquids. Diamondback’s activities are primarily focused on the horizontal exploitation of multiple intervals in the Spraberry, Wolfcamp, Clearfork, Cline and Bone Spring formations.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 700 people across its operations.
You might also like: DENTSPLY SIRONA STOCKS
HISTORY OF DIAMONDBACK ENERGY
- At the end of 2016, Diamondback Energy, Inc.’s total net acreage position in the Permian Basin was approximately 105, 894 net acres. The company – through its subsidiary Viper Energy Partners LP (Viper) – owns mineral interests of approximately 107 568 gross acres in Midland County, Texas (Permian Basin). The Permian Basin covers a portion of western Texas and eastern New Mexico.
- Reserves in the Permian Basin are located in the Clearfolk, Wolfcamp, Spraberry, Cline, Strawn and Atoka formations, collectively referred to as the Wolfberry play. At the end of 2016, the company’s natural gas and oil reserves were 205 457 barrels of oil equivalent (MBOE). Of these, about 57.9% were classified as proved developed producing.
- Proved undeveloped (PUD) reserves included in this estimate were from 120 gross horizontal well locations in which the company had an interest and 14 horizontal wells in which it owned a mineral interest through Viper. At the end of 2016 the company had working interests in 998 gross producing wells.
- For Fiscal 2016, net production from the Permian Basin acreage was 15,749, 436 barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) – an average of 43, 031 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Of this number, 73% was oil, 16% was natural gas liquids and 11% was natural gas. For the same period, PUD reserves totalled 59, 717 thousand barrels (MBbls) of oil, 69,497 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas and 15,054 MBbls of natural gas liquids for a total of 86,354 MBOE.
- The company drilled 73 gross horizontal wells and two gross vertical wells, and participated in the drilling of 19 non-operated wells in the Permian Basin during Fiscal 2016.
VISION & VALUES OF DIAMONDBACK ENERGY
- Diamondback Energy, Inc. has developed a company culture grounded in a unique set of core values that set the bar extremely high for its employees in terms of their actions and interactions.
- Core values include leadership, integrity, teamwork, excellence, respect and trust. The company nurtures mutually beneficial relationships and believes in open communication between employs, partners and stakeholders.
- This healthy business ethos enables growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF DIAMONDBACK ENERGY
- Diamondback Energy, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “FANG”.
- The company is an S&P 500 component.In 2018, the company recorded total revenue of US$2.176 billion and net income of US$0.944 billion.
- Total assets were valued at US$21.595 billion. These financials bode well for shareholders who buy or sell shares as they can expect solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: DARDEN RESTAURANTS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS DIAMONDBACK ENERGY
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy DIAMONDBACK ENERGY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN DIAMONDBACK ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE DIAMONDBACK ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of DIAMONDBACK ENERGY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy DIAMONDBACK ENERGY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : D.R. HORTON STOCKS