DISTELL GROUP HOLDINGS (DST) Shares
ABOUT DISTELL GROUP HOLDINGS
📊 Distell Group Holdings is an investment holding company that builds its brand portfolio through subsidiaries, joint ventures, offices and agents all over the world. The group was first established in 2000 through the merger of the Stellenbosch Farmers’ Winery and Distillers Corporation.
📊 Distell shares were listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) in 2001 were it currently trades under the stock symbol DST. Shareholders’ interests in both original firms were retained due to the fact that that they shared similar shareholding structures.
📊 Distell is also a leading producer and marketer of alcoholic beverages, with a wide product portfolio that includes wines, spirits, ciders, and mixed beverages. The company employs over 5500 people with a recorded annual turnover of R19.6 billion, and a market cap of over R28 billion.
You might also like: DISTELL GROUP SHARES
DISTELL GROUP HOLDINGS PERFORMANCE
- Distell Group Holdings has thus far experienced a strong performance due to a successful festive season that saw an impressive increase in beverage sales, as well as a weak rand which saw further growth in the company’s overseas markets, with growth in African, European and Asian markets mitigating a slacking in demand in Russia, China, Latin American and UK markets. Financial data reflected a revenue increase of 11.2% to R12.2 billion, an increase in headline earnings of 17.8% and sales volumes increasing by 7.7%.
- The company has invested in a new growth strategy that targets increased market penetration through product diversification and a refining of their service delivery, which has already had a growth effect in South Africa.
Added to this, Distell Group Holdings is focusing on greater global expansion, particularly on the African continent, and this broadened international market presence along with a wider and ever more developed product portfolio is predicted to sustain the company’s long-term growth while offsetting short-term market volatility as forecast by the company’s board. The group’s ultimate goal is to double its size by 2020, which, coupled with its overall growth strategy, is set to boost the company’s share price on the JSE.
- The company’s growth is pillared on a number of core values that differentiate it in the market, which include a wide product portfolio that covers all key market sectors, authentic and recognisable brands, a portfolio ideally suited to intermediate premiumisation in developing markets (specifically in Africa), a strong balance sheet position, an impressive agricultural asset base for longterm value, as well as the company’s diverse range of skilled employees.
- As such, Distell aspires to become the number 1 cider company in the world, as well as a leading regional alcoholic beverage producer in Africa with a diversified geographic base on at least two other continents.
DISTELL GROUP HOLDINGS INVESTOR TIPS
- Distell Group Holdings shares have long proven to be a strong buy for investors who choose to purchase them, consistently providing good dividends and strong returns, as reflected on the live online stock charts, which show that the Distell share price has remained stable despite the economic downswing.
- With the inevitable upswing of the economy, the Distell share price is set to increase, making this a sound long-term investment in 2019 and beyond.
- Today, Distell enjoys a powerful global market presence, with continued growth forecast which will only add value for its shareholders. Having identified opportunities to buy into the affordable end of the market, Distell’s varied price points across the market sector mean that it will continue to provide products which a varied range of customers will buy, securing its position in the global beverages market.
You might also like: DISCOVERY SHARES
Buy DISTELL GROUP HOLDINGS stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase DISTELL GROUP HOLDINGS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy DISTELL GROUP HOLDINGS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN DISTELL GROUP HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE DISTELL GROUP HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of DISTELL GROUP HOLDINGS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy DISTELL GROUP HOLDINGS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : DIS-CHEM SHARES