ABOUT DISTELL GROUP
📊 The Distell Group was established in 2000 with the merger of the Stellenbosch Farmers’ Winery (SFW) and Distillers Corporation, both two leading South African alcohol producers. SFW had been in existence since 1925 and specialised in producing a wide range of quality wines.
📊 The Distillers Corporation was created by prominent South African businessman Anton Rupert in 1945, and grew to become a major producer of distillates, with particular focus on the brandy market. Distillers Corporation also went on to found the innovate Bergkelder marketing concept, which allowed wine makers to use the company’s bottling, sales and marketing expertise; added to this, Distillers are also renowned for having created the African beverage staple, Amarula.
📊 With the merger under the Distell Group, both these companies left their independent listings on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) to trade under Distell using the stock symbol DGH.
📊 Today, Distell Group is a multinational company and a leading producer of wines, ciders, spirits and mixed drinks, with an annual turnover of R21.5 billion. While 75% of the group’s profits are made in South Africa, its international market presence extends to Scotland, Kenya and Angola, as well as to partnerships with beverage makers in Zimbabwe and Tanzania. As such, Distell employs approximately 5500 people globally, who are integrated in their ongoing strategy of innovation and product development.
You might also like: DISCOVERY SHARES
DISTELL GROUP PERFORMANCE
- Distell Group‘s strong performance as been driven by its wide product portfolio as well as its broad price range that encompesses high-end, award-winning wineries like Alto and Nederburg, as well as low-budget wines like Drostday-Hof and 4th Street. Integrating the experties of the former Distillers Corporation, Distell owns some of the most prominent brandy names in South Africa, including Oude Meester, Richelieu and Klipdrift, as well as a number of well-known whiskies, including Scottish Leader and Three Ships Whisky.
- Adding to its history of introducing flagship products such as Amarula to the market, Distell’s most recent accomplishment was the release of its Bain’s Cape Mountain Whisky, the only commercially sold whisky in the world to be produced from South African maize.
- This product has gone on to win the World’s Best Grain Whisky award. Adding significantly to its portfolio is its cider production, of which it owns one of the largest in the world to include well-known brands Savanna and Hunters.
- With its strong global position and domination of the South African market, financial data reflect a strong growth forecast which positively affect the company share price.
- The company’s broad product range continues to add value to the market, and its competetive price strategy mean that Distill products are available to customers who buy across the price range, furthering the company’s market penetration.
DISTELL GROUP INVESTOR TIPS
- Distell Group enjoys a prominent position in the global beverages market as the only African-owned alcoholic beverage producer to also own such unique brands as Amarula and Bains, with all its products featuring prominently on local and international markets. Adding to its already strong global presence, the group is positioned to become the lead cider producer in the world, all of which result in a strong share price with good dividends for investors who choose to purchase shares on the JSE, with technical indicators on the live online stock charts showing that Distell shares are a strong buy in 2019 and beyond.
You might also like: DIS-CHEM SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy DISTELL GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN DISTELL GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE DISTELL GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of DISTELL GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy DISTELL GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CORONATION FUND MANAGERS SHARES