DOWDUPONT (DWDP) Stocks
📊 DowDuPont Inc., the world’s largest chemical company in terms of sales, was founded by the merger of Dow Chemical and DuPont in August 2017. The company’s headquarters is situated in Wilmington, Delaware, in the United States.
📊 Soon after the merger DowDuPont Inc. pursued separation into three independent, publicly traded companies: a materials science, agriculture, and specialty products company. The material science spin-off is known as Dow Inc., the agriculture company is Corteva Agriscience, and the specialty products division is named DuPont.
📊 Corteva Agriscience unites Dow and DuPont’s crop protection and seed unit, whilst Dow Inc. comprises of DuPont’s Performance Materials unit, Dow’s Performance Plastics, Materials and Chemicals and Infrastructure and Consumer Solutions. DuPont includes Nutrition & Health, Industrial Biosciences, Safety & Protection and Electronics & Communications, and Electronic Materials.
📊 Each of these divisions is driven by the powerful portfolios, resource and capabilities from the Dow and DuPont heritage. They are all strategically positioned to drive innovation in order to provide superior solutions to the company’s clientele and better serve its global clients. Today, the company employs approximately 98 000 people worldwide.
You might also like: DELTA AIR LINES STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF DOWDUPONT
- The merger of Dow Chemical and DuPont in 2017 to form DowDuPont Inc. was reported to be worth an estimated US$130 billion. The new company ranked #47 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the biggest U.S. corporations by total revenue.
- Corteva Agriscience offers an extensive portfolio of products and technologies, as well as a pipeline of germplasm, traits and crop protections for its customers to purchase. These include seeds- and crop-protection solutions.
- Seed solutions include alfalfa, canola, cotton, rice, silage inoculants, soybeans, sorghum, wheat and sunflowers, whilst crop protection offers solutions for soybean herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, pasture and land management, seed-applied technologies and specialty crop herbicides, to name but a few.
- DuPont, the company’s specialty products division offers solutions for industrial, safety, energy, food, nutrition, construction, electronics and consumer goods industries. It provides electronic technologies such as solar/photovoltaic materials, circuit packaging materials, advanced printing materials and display materials.
- Its protein solution’s portfolio includes aramid fibres and paper, nonwoven films and fabrics and protective garments. Nutrition and health products include probiotics and cultures, specialty proteins, and systems and texturants.
- The company’s industrial biosciences portfolio comprises industrial enzymes, biomaterials, sulfuric acid technology and advanced biofuels.
- DowDuPont Inc. supplies customers in the fields of aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics, military, printing, renewable energy, child nutrition, fertilizers, and oil and gas/energy.
VALUES OF DOWDUPONT
- DowDuPont Inc.’s operates responsibly to develop innovative solutions through science and engineering to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges. The company’s core values define its stellar reputation and all its operations.
- The company is passionate about helping to provide safe, sufficient food, enough sustainable energy and protection for all people and the environment. It is committed to protecting the safety and health of its employees, clients, contractors and communities in which it operates.
- The company treats its employees and stakeholders with dignity and respect at all times. It continuously strives to foster an environment in which people can contribute, innovate and excel.
- It furthermore conducts itself and its operation according to the highest ethical standards, whilst complying with all applicable laws and regulations. It takes its global corporate citizenship very seriously.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF DOWDUPONT
- DowDuPont Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “DWDP”.
- In 2018 the company achieved year-on-year cost synergy savings of US$1.6 billion, surpassing its increased target of US$1.5 billion. The company’s solid financials is reflected in it 2018 performance. It recorded revenue of US$85.97 billion, with net income of US$3.84 billion, and total assets valued at US$188.03 billion.
- These financials assure shareholders, who buy or sell company shares, of sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: DANAHER STOCKS
LATEST NEWS DOWDUPONT
Buy DOWDUPONT stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase DOWDUPONT Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy DOWDUPONT Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN DOWDUPONT STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE DOWDUPONT STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of DOWDUPONT stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy DOWDUPONT stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CVS HEALTH STOCKS