DUCOMMUN (DCO) Stocks
📊 Ducommun Incorporated, an American aerospace company, was founded in 1849 and has its headquarters in Santa Ana, California. The company is a global provider of cutting-edge manufacturing solutions for customers in the defense, aerospace and industrial markets.
📊 Ducommun is the oldest surviving company in California. It was established by Charles Louis Ducommun, a Swiss watchmaker who immigrated to the U.S. in the early 1840s. The company operated as a general store, offering supplies and credit to gold prospectors who had settled in Los Angeles. The store also had a public “circulating library”.
📊 From 1949 onwards the company began venturing into the aircraft component industry. The acquisitions of Kierulf Electronics in 1960 and Texas Instruments in 1981 made the company a national force in the distribution of electronics components and subsystems.
📊 Ducommun Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in California, Arkansas, Arizona, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, New York and Wisconsin, as well as in Mexico and Thailand. It has corporate offices in Carson, California.
📊 Today, it employs approximately 2 700 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF DUCOMMUN
- Ducommun Incorporated offers products, engineering and support services to the global aerospace and defense industry. It manufactures electronic and structural components and subassemblies for a variety of commercial, military and space aircraft.
- The company also provides program- and engineering management services to the U.S. military the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, NASA and other government agencies.
- Aircraft for which the company manufactures components include the Boeing 737 NG, 777 airliners, the C-17 heavy-lift cargo jet, Chinook, the Apache, Blackhawk helicopters and the space shuttle.
- Ducommun Incorporated evolved from repairing watches for prospectors to being a supplier of the world’s most advanced aerospace programs such as the space shuttle, military aircraft and most civil airliners. The company divested its metals and electronics supply businesses to focus on high-tech aviation.
- Ducommun celebrated a century and a half in business in 1999.
VISION & VALUES OF DUCOMMUN
- Ducommun Incorporated values its people and places a high premium on retention. The company provides responsible leadership. It also encourages its employees to share their ideas and opinions in an environment conducive to growth and improvement.
- The company’s business practices are rooted in values such as integrity, collaboration, accountability and drive. Its business ethos serves as its moral compass. This strategy enables growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF DUCOMMUN
- Ducommun Incorporated trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “DCO”. The company is a Russell 2000 component.
- In the second quarter of 2019, the company recorded revenue of US$ 7.8 million which constitutes a 16.6% increase year-over-year.
- Net income was US$ 7.8 million, or $ 0.66 per diluted share. Adjusted EBITDA increased 19.7% year-over-year to US$ 22.4 million.