EASTMAN CHEMICAL (EMN) Stocks
ABOUT EASTMAN CHEMICAL
📊 Eastman Chemical Company is a specialty chemicals company that supplies advanced materials, fibers, specialty chemicals and additives to a wide range of markets. The company operates through four sectors.
📊 Additives & Functional Products is a manufacturer of chemicals used in consumables, coatings, solar energy markets, crop protection, building and construction as well as animal nutrition.
📊 Chemical Intermediates offers products and services to assist specialty operating segments. Advanced Materials offers films, polymers and plastics used in durable goods, transportation, health and wellness products, consumables as well as building and construction. The Fibers sector offers acetate yarn, acetyl chemical products and acetate tow.
📊 Eastman Chemical Company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee. The company has approximately 14 000 employees. Its portfolio includes more than forty manufacturing sites across the globe.
You might also like: DXC TECHNOLOGY STOCKS
HISTORY OF EASTMAN CHEMICAL
- Tennessee Eastman Company is founded in 1920 as a subsidiary of Eastman Kodak. The company offers acetyl’s and organic chemicals. During the Second World War the United States Government buys RDX, a powerful explosive, from Tennessee Eastman.
- Approximately 1.5 million pounds of explosives are manufactured every day near the end of the war. During the 1960’s the company expands its portfolio with growing manufacturing facilities that produces polyester fibers used in furnishing, industrial chemicals and plastics for automobile markets.
- Tennessee Eastman Chemical becomes the first company in the United States to use technology that develops chemicals from coal instead of petroleum. It opens a coal gasification facility in 1983 in Kingsport Tennessee.
- In 1993 the company receives a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. In 1994 the company is spun off from Eastman Kodak and becomes an independent corporation named Eastman Chemical Company.
- In 2012 the company buys Solutia, Inc. for a purchase price of $4.8 billion. The transaction expands Eastman Chemicals’ portfolio in specialty chemicals and performance material markets.
VISION & VALUES OF EASTMAN CHEMICAL
- Eastman Chemical Company is built on honesty and integrity. The company’s core values is the safety of its employees, customer focus, innovation, performance, sustainability as well as diversity and inclusion.
- Eastman Chemicals believes in high quality products and positive customer experiences.
Eastman Chemical Company is highly committed to military personnel.
- The company contributes to programs that offer support to United States military veterans and families. It participates in the Army Partnership for Youth Success and other programs.
- The company receives numerous awards, including ENERGY STAR’s Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award for leadership and contributions, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for the sixth consecutive year for commitment and high ethical standards, One of America’s Most Just Companies by Forbes Magazine, G.I. Jobs’ Military Friendly Employer as well as America’s Chemistry Council’s Responsible Care Energy Efficiency Awards.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF EASTMAN CHEMICAL
- Eastman Chemical Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “EMN”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $16,256 million. Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period are $186 million. Net earnings are $259 million.
- Gross profit is $589 million and sales are $2,363 million. Net cash used in financing activities is $237 million. Cash dividends declared in the reported period are $85 million.
You might also like: DUKE REALTY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS EASTMAN CHEMICAL
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy EASTMAN CHEMICAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN EASTMAN CHEMICAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE EASTMAN CHEMICAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of EASTMAN CHEMICAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy EASTMAN CHEMICAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : DIAMONDBACK ENERGY STOCKS