EASTMAN KODAK (KODK) Stocks
ABOUT EASTMAN KODAK
📊 The Eastman Kodak Company (Kodak), an American technology company, was founded in 1888 and is incorporated in New Jersey.
📊 The company is headquartered in Rochester, New York. Kodak is a global commercial printing and imaging company that specializes in materials science, digital imaging science and software and deposition processes. It offers software, consumables and services to customers in graphic arts, commercial print, publishing, packaging, electronic displays entertainment and consumer-products markets.
📊 The company was named after its founder, George Eastman. Together with Henry A. Strong, they established Kodak on September 4, 1888.
📊 The company quickly became renowned for its “Kodak moment” tagline, a common lexicon describing a personal event that warranted recording for posterity. The company experienced financial difficulties in the late 1990s because of the decline in photographic film sales. It then began to focus on digital photography and –printing as a turnaround strategy.
📊 The company introduced its first Kodak camera to the market in 1888. This camera took round pictures of 6.4cm in diameter. It was a fixed focus type that used a film enough for 100 exposures. The film had a paper base but was soon replaced by a film with a transparent flexible film comprising a cellulose base.
📊 Today, Kodak employs approximately 5 400 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF EASTMAN KODAK
- The Eastman Kodak Company is renowned for its photographic film products. It conducts its business operations through five primary segments: Print Systems; Enterprise Inkjet Systems, Micro 3D Printing and Packaging; Software and Solutions and Consumer and Film.
- Kodak filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in January 2012. It, however, emerged from bankruptcy in 2013 after it had shed its comprehensive legacy liabilities and had exited several businesses such as personalized and document imaging which now resort under Kodak Alaris, a separate company owned by the U.K.-based Kodak Pension Plan.
- Kodak also operates a health-imaging unit that specializes in products and services for radiography, cardiology, dental, mammography, oncology and ultrasound imaging. The company’s product portfolio also includes audio visual equipment, microfilm products, motion picture films as well as optics and optical systems.
VISION & VALUES OF EASTMAN KODAK
- Eastman Kodak strives to build a world-class, results-oriented culture that offers consumers a wide variety of ways in which to capture, process and store images and pictures as memories. Kodak functions according to a set of core values that result in conduct that allows for an environment that is free from unnecessary pressures and diversions. It respects the dignity of the individual and champions human differences.
- The company gives and receives unquestionable trust and demonstrates honest and ethical behavior at all times. This business ethos creates value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF EASTMAN KODAK
- The Eastman Kodak Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “KODK”.
- The company is also part of the Russell 2000 Index.
- For the second quarter 2019, the company recorded revenue of US$ 307 million and net earnings of US$ 201 million. The company concluded the quarter with a cash balance of US$ 216 million. Shareholders can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.