EATON PLC (ETN) Stocks
📊 Eaton Corporation, Plc. is a power management company that provides mechanical, hydraulic and electrical power. The company operates from four sectors: aerospace, vehicle, hydraulics and electrical. It has the strongest distribution network in North America and is one of the top providers in the industry. Eaton Corp has almost 100 000 employees and operates from more than 175 countries.
📊 The company’s aerospace sector is a market leader in engine solutions, air frame pneumatics, motion control and air frame fuel. This sector also plays a role in propulsion systems, fuel management and aerial navigation. Services are provided to military and commercial aircraft through safe and reliable platforms. Weight is reduced, lifecycle costs are lowered and system controls are optimized.
📊 The vehicle sector manufactures original equipment for vehicles. Products are safe and reliable. Products include engine valves, transmissions, superchargers, as well as torque management products and systems.
📊 The hydraulic sector provides products to enhance power, speed machine precision. Its portfolio includes construction equipment, agriculture and forestry, food and beverage processing, mining, as well as renewable energy. Energy is delivered in less time, with more productivity.
📊 The electrical sector assist utilities produce, channel and distribute power for buildings, data centers, homes, oil and gas facilities, mining and machine manufacturers, as well as various other facilities. Services and products provides ranges from circuit breakers to LED lighting.
You might also like: DUKE ENERGY STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF EATON
- In 1911 the Torbensen Gear and Axle Company is incorporated in Bloomfield, New Jersey, by Joseph Eaton, Henning Taube and Viggo Torbensen. Three years later the company moves to Cleveland, Ohio, for better opportunities in the automotive markets.
- The company is incorporated in Ohio as the Torbensen Axle Company in 1916.
- Republic Motor Truck Company purchases Torbensen Axle Company in 1917.
- Joseph Eaton and Viggo Torbensen forms the Eaton Axle Company two years later.
- In 1923 Eaton Axle Company buys Torbensen Axle Company back from Republic. Several acquisitions take place to form the successful company that it is today. The company’s largest acquisition to date is that of Cooper Industries in 2012, for a price of $13 billion.
VISION & VALUES OF EATON
- Eaton Corp’s vision is to use power management technologies, enhance environment and life qualities. Communities are supported, employees are encouraged to succeed and customers are given positive experiences.
- Value added decisions are made to benefit shareholders. Strong cash flows are generated that provide opportunities for good investments.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF EATON
- Eaton Corp trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol ETN.
- Analysis for the company’s three months ending the 31st of March, 2019, shows net sales of $5, 305 million. Net income is $522 million.
- The company has paid regular dividends to its shareholders since 1923.
- The forecast for Eaton Corp’s stock shows that it will be a good buy with positive earnings for potential investors.
You might also like: DOWDUPONT STOCKS
LATEST NEWS EATON PLC
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy EATON PLC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN EATON PLC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE EATON PLC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of EATON PLC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy EATON PLC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : DELTA AIR LINES STOCKS