EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS (EBS) Stocks
ABOUT EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS
📊 Emergent BioSolutions, Inc., a multinational specialty biopharmaceutical company, was founded in 1998 and has its headquarters in Gaithersburg, Maryland in the United States. The company develops antibody therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, and opioid overdoses. It also provides medical devices for use in biodefense.
📊 It was established as BioPort in 1998.
📊 The company purchased the Michigan Biologics Products Institute which owned and anthrax vaccine manufacturing facility in Lansing, Michigan, together with the right to manufacture the vaccine for the U.S. military.
📊 The company also began to provide its anthrax vaccine to U.S. biodefence agencies after the 2001 anthrax attacks in 2001. It was renamed Emergent BioSolutions in 2004.
📊 Some of the company’s acquisitions include Antex Biologics, Inc. in 20013, Microscience Ltd. in 2005, Vivacs GmbH in 2006 and Trubion Pharmaceuticals in 2010, to name but a few.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 1 100 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS
- Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. specializes in therapies that treat or protect against public health threats. The company’s medicines and vaccines target bioagents, infectious diseases, travel-related diseases and opioid-related ailments.
- Emergent’s primary product is BioThrax, a FDA-approved anthrax vaccine. It derives its BioThrax revenue from sales to U.S. federal agencies such as the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Department of Defense (DOD). Other products include Vaxchora (cholera), the opioid overdose drug Narcan, the inhaled anthrax treatment raxicbacumab, Vivotif (typhoid fever) and ACAM2000 (smallpox).
- The company is also engaged in a number of contract manufacturing- and research operations.
- One of Emergent’s medical countermeasure products is RSDL, a lotion that neutralizes chemical warfare agents. It is used in more than 20 countries worldwide.
- The product became available to the regular public in 2017. The company also purchased the Cangene Corporation in 2013.
- The latter’s primary product, WinRho, treats immune thrombocytopenic purpura, a blood disease, as well as haemolytic disease in newborns.
VISION & VALUES OF EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS
- Emergent BioSolutions Inc. focuses all its energy on improving the quality of life for millions worldwide by giving them the opportunity to experience life in full.
- This vision guides all of its operations. It is passionate about unlocking the full potential of its workforce, enabling a positive mindset, and advancing this mission by applying a set of core values in its daily activities.
- These values include integrity, innovation, respect, excellence and stellar service delivery. This business model stimulates growth and fosters trust among shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS
- Emergent BioSolutions Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “EBS”.
- The company is an S&P 600 component.
- For the first quarter 2019, the company recorded revenue of US$ 190.6 million, a 62% increase over the previous fiscal quarter.
- Its total revenue for 2018 was US$ 782.4 million with gross income of US$ 438.2 million. This solid market performance bodes well for shareholders who buy or sell company shares as they can expect lucrative returns and dividends on their investment.