ENCANA (ECA) Stocks
📊 Encana Corporation is a hydrocarbon exploration company. It is one of Canada’s largest natural gas producers and has core growth assets in the Permian, Montney and Anadarko, some of the top liquids-rich basins in North America. The company’s portfolio also includes positions in Uinta, Duvernay, Eagle Ford and Williston Basin.
📊 Encana Corporation’s headquarters is located in Calgary, Alberta. The company has more than 2 000 employees. It appears on the Forbes 2000 and in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
HISTORY OF ENCANA
- The Canadian Pacific Railway drills for water in 1883 and discovers natural gas near Medicine Hat in Canada.
- In 1958 the company founds Canadian Pacific Oil and Gas to operate its mineral rights and its oil and gas properties. In 1971 Canadian Pacific Oil and Gas merges with Central-Del Rio Oils and is renamed Pan Canadian Petroleum Limited.
- In a corporate spin off in 2002, the company merges with an EnCana company named Alberta Energy Corporation. The company’s name is later changed to Encana Corporation.
In 2007 China National Petroleum Corporation buys the company’s Chad assets for a price of $ 202.5 million. It also sells its Mackenzie River assets.
- In 2011 it sells the majority of its Barnett Shale natural gas assets. Mitsubishi purchases 40 percent interest in the company’s Cutbank Ridge for a price of C$ 2.9 billion, including 409 000 net acres of British Columbia natural gas lands. Veresen buys Encana’s Cutbank Ridge midstream assets for a price of C$ 920 million.
- Encana buys Athlon Energy for a price of $ 7.1 billion in 2014. Newfield Exploration is purchased in 2019.
VISION & VALUES OF ENCANA
- Encana Corporation has won numerous awards and recognitions during the years. It is named to Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations Index, Corporate Knights Best 50 Corporate Citizens, awarded with the IABC Silver Leaf Award for its website redesign, ranked among some of the world’s most ethical companies and receives the CAPP Responsible Canadian Energy award. Encana is also recognized for its ethics and sustainability and named 12th on the Top Canadian firm on Global 100.
- Encana Corporation values the safety of its employees and communities from which it operates. The company also values trust, integrity and respect. It minimizes its environmental footprint and follows programs to manage air emissions, prevent spills and protects water and habitats across the ecosystem.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ENCANA
- Encana Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “ECA”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total revenues of $2,055 million.
- Total operating expenses are $ 1,517 million and total other (income) expenses are $ 41 million. Total assets are $ 21,747 million and total shareholders’ equity is $ 21,747 million. Dividends paid on common shares are $ 25 million, $ 0.01875 per share.