ENERGIZER (ENR) Stocks
📊 Energizer Holdings, Inc. (formerly the Eveready Battery Company), an American battery manufacturer, was founded in 1896 as American Ever Ready Company. It has its headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri. The company manufactures batteries under brand names such as Energizer, Rayovac, Varta and Eveready.
📊 The company has its origin in the Eveready Battery Company. The latter changed the name of its Eveready Alkaline Power Cell to Energizer in 1980. Ralston Purina, a human food manufacturer, acquired the Eveready Battery Company. It then spun off Eveready and it was listed on the New York Stock Exchange as Energy Holdings, Inc.
📊 The company grew considerably through acquisitions and added various other products to its portfolio. Its primary products, however, remained batteries. In 2014, it announced the separation of its various business activities into a household business selling batteries, flash lights and lamps, as well as a personal-care company selling feminine, shaving and suntan products.
📊 The company’s global workforce produces more than 6 billion battery cells annually.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 17 400 people across its global operations.
HISTORY OF ENERGIZER
- Energizer Holdings, Inc. is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of dry-cell batteries and flashlights. In the U.S., the company is in fierce competition for market share with category leader, Duracell. In the late 1990s its domestic market share was just over 30%, trailing Duracell’s almost 40%.
- The company’s two primary battery brands are Energizer and Eveready. It primarily manufactures alkaline batteries, but also produces varieties including carbon zinc and lithium. It further specializes in flashlights and other lighting products.
- The company markets its products worldwide and has more than 40 production facilities overseas. It distributes its products in over 160 countries. Energizer also acquired the global battery and lighting division from Spectrum brands that include the Rayovac and Varta brands.
- It also purchased the global auto care division from Spectrum comprising brands such as Armor All, STP AND A/C Pro. Other acquisitions include Playtex Products, Inc., American Safety Razor, to name but a few.
VISION & VALUES OF ENERGIZER
- Energizer Holdings, Inc. regards values such as passion, integrity, teamwork, initiative and respect as the foundation of the way in which it does business. The company is fueled by passion and its workforce brims with curiosity, creativity and the will to succeed.
- The company further believes that doing the right thing enables it to make a tremendous impact on the well-being of its communities and environment. It also adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares, as they know that their opinions and contributions matter.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ENERGIZER
- Energizer Holdings, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “ENR”. The company is an S&P 400 component.
- For the first quarter 2019, the company recorded positive net sales growth of 1.7% and diluted EPS of US$ 1.64 compared to the US$ 1.55 of the prior year first quarter. Shareholders who buy or sell company shares can therefore expect solid dividends and returns on their investment.