ENERSYS (ENS) Stocks
📊 EnerSys is a stored energy solutions company. Its portfolio includes specialty batteries, power equipment, battery accessories, reserve power, motive power, outdoor equipment enclosure solutions, and a full range of integrated services and solutions.
📊 Products and services are used in uninterruptible power supplies, telecommunication, stored energy solutions, electric forklifts, mining and commercial electric powered vehicles. The company has numerous manufacturing facilities across the globe that provide products and solutions to aerospace and defense, motor, reserve, industrial and other markets.
📊 EnerSys has more than 10 000 customers in 100 countries. Approximately 99 percent of its lead-acid batteries are recycled. The company produces 19 percent of the products in the industry.
📊 EnerSys employs approximately 9 600 people in its various offices and facilities across the globe. The company is headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania.
HISTORY OF ENERSYS
- EnerSys is founded in 1999. In 2000 the company buys the industrial sector of Yuasa. In 2002 EnerSys merges with the Hawker Group and it buys Energy Storage Products Group for a price of $ 505 million.
- The company purchases ABSL Power Solutions in 2011, expanding its portfolio into the United Kingdom and United States’ lithium-ion battery production markets. The same year the company buys a lead and nickel-based battery company named Ergon Batteries Ltd., enabling the company to expand into Greece. It also acquires a German company, GAIA Akkumulatorenwerke GmbH, a producer of lithium-ion solutions for naval, space, renewable energy and marine industries.
- It buys several more companies during the next few years that expands its portfolio into South Africa, Argentina, Malaysia, Australia and India. In 2014 Battery Power International Pte. Ltd. as well as IE Technologies Pte. Ltd. are acquired.
- In 2015 the company buys a full line shelter designer and installation company named ICS Industries Pty. Ltd. Alpha Technologies are purchased in 2018.
VISION & VALUES OF ENERSYS
- EnerSys believes in looking after its employees and ensures the safety and health of employees, the communities from which it serves and the surrounding environment.
- Approximately 99 percent of lead-acid batteries are recycled. Energy and water consumption are reduced, and programs are followed to reduce the company’s environmental footprint.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ENERSYS
- EnerSys trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “ENS”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $ 3,182,418 thousand.
- Cash and cash equivalents are $ 262,113 thousand and net sales are $ 780,230 thousand. Gross profit is $ 201,512 thousand and operating expenses are $ 130,804 thousand. Net earnings are $ 48,636 in the reported period. Dividends are $ 0.175 per common share.