ETHAN ALLEN INTERIORS (ETH) Stocks
ABOUT ETHAN ALLEN INTERIORS
📊 Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. is a global furniture retail company, well-known for its quality products and outstanding services. Its portfolio includes more than 300 stores located in the United States, the Middle East, Canada, Asia and Europe as well as 9 manufacturing facilities and 14 retail service centers.
📊 Ethan Allen is one of the largest United States furniture companies. It designs and manufactures upholstered furniture, chairs and sofas. The company also offers décor, rugs, beds and bedding, outdoor furniture, lighting, office furniture, coffee tables and many more.
📊 Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. employs approximately 5 200 people, of which more than 1 500 are interior designers. The company is headquartered in Danbury, Connecticut. Its subsidiary is Ethan Allen Global, Inc.
HISTORY OF ETHAN ALLEN INTERIORS
- In 1932 Ethan Allen Interiors is founded by Nat Ancell and Ted Baumritter as a housewares manufacturer. They focus on manufacturing quality and fashionable products.
- In 1936 it buys a bankrupt Beecher Falls furniture factory. The company moves its New York City headquarters to Danbury, Connecticut. The new headquarters includes an interior design center, offices and the Ethan Allen Hotel.
- In 1980 Interco buys the company for a price of $ 150 million. In 1989 Ethan Allen is purchased by a management group. It becomes a public company in 1993 and sells common stock valued at $ 156.9 million. The initial public offering price is $ 6.00 per share.
- In 1996 the company declares its first cash dividends.
- By 2008 Ethan Allen products can be purchased online.
VISION & VALUES OF ETHAN ALLEN INTERIORS
- Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. offers unparalleled quality products and its highly trained employees provide superior services to its customers. It creates value, personalized style and comfort with its iconic brand. Opportunities are created for growth and creates positive earnings to shareholders. Ethan Allen values trust and integrity, the safety of its employees and follows high ethical standards.
- The company is committed to its social, fiscal and environmental responsibilities. These responsibilities are kept in mind when making decisions for the company and its manufacturing plants follow programs to minimize its environmental footprint.
- Ethan Allen looks after its environment and receives regular recognition from the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation. It recycles wood scraps and sawdust in its Vermont plants that in turn minimizes its fossil fuel oil usage to almost nothing.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ETHAN ALLEN INTERIORS
- Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “ETH”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending March 31, 2019 reports total assets of $ 532,832 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 25,742 thousand and net sales are $ 177,829 thousand.
- Gross profit is $ 98,394 thousand and net income is $ 7,978 thousand. For the nine months ending March 31, 2019 the company declares dividends of $ 5,075 thousand.