E*TRADE FINANCIAL (ETFC) Stocks
ABOUT E*TRADE FINANCIAL
📊 E*TRADE Financial Corporation is an online financial services company. Its portfolio offers brokerage, small business banking, regular banking, trade in financial assets, fixed income investments, contracts and individual retirement accounts. The company’s professional staff and customized managed portfolios assist customers with investments in bonds, EFTs, mutual funds and shares.
📊 All of these can be done through E*TRADE Financial Corporation’s online applications.
📊 E*TRADE Financial Corporation’s headquarters is situated in New York City. The company has more than 4 100 employees delivering services in its 30 retail branches across the United States. It handles approximately 282 240 daily trades and has more than 4.9 million brokerage accounts.
You might also like: EQUIFAX STOCKS
HISTORY OF E*TRADE FINANCIAL
- William Porter and Bernard Newcomb founds and incorporates TradePlus in 1982. In 1991 the partners founds E*TRADE Securities with funds from TradePlus. E*TRADE’s trading services are offered through America Online and CompuServe.
- The company grows impressively and by 1996 its quarterly revenues are $15 million, it has 73 000 accounts and handles 8 000 trades daily.
- E*TRADE Financial becomes a publicly traded company in August 1996 with its initial public offering at a split price of $26.25.
- Its secondary offering is in August 1997 with a split price of $68.75. It buys Web Street Securities for a price of $45 million in 2001.
- In 2005 the company buys Brown & Company from JPMorgan Chase for a price of $1.6 million.
- Scotiabank purchases E*TRADE Canadian division in 2008 for a price of CAD444 million. More acquisitions take place and the company’s portfolio expands considerably.
VISION & VALUES OF E*TRADE FINANCIAL
- E*TRADE Financial Corporation’s mission is to boost financial individuality of customers with the help of professional guidance. The company’s vision is to be the number one digital broker and consultant.
- The company puts its customers, shareholder, employees and communities first. Through its Corporate Social Responsibility program, the company contributes with financial support and volunteerism. Employees are given opportunities to volunteer and make a positive impact on the communities in which they work.
- E*TRADE Financial Corporation invests in local communities through equity investments, government partnerships, non-profit organizations and corporate contributions. It focuses on micro-loans, small business development, technology for infrastructure development, preservation and workforce development.
- E*TRADE Financial Corporation supports Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Arlington Free Clinic, Goodwill Greater Washington, Aspire After School Learning and many more.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF E*TRADE FINANCIAL
- E*TRADE Financial Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “ETFC”.
- Analysis data for E*TRADE’s quarterly period for the three months ending June 30, 2019 reports a total net revenue of $685 million. Net income is $219 million. Cash and equivalents are $452 million. Total assets for the reported period are $66,454 million.
- Dividends received from subsidiaries are $525 million and $69 million are used for common stock dividends. A total of $342 million are used for share repurchases.
You might also like: EASTMAN CHEMICAL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS E*TRADE FINANCIAL
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy E*TRADE FINANCIAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN E*TRADE FINANCIAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE E*TRADE FINANCIAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of E*TRADE FINANCIAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy E*TRADE FINANCIAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : DXC TECHNOLOGY STOCKS