EXPEDIA GROUP (EXPE) Stocks
ABOUT EXPEDIA GROUP
📊 Expedia Group, Inc., an American global travel technology company, was founded as a division of Microsoft in October 1996 and has its headquarters in Bellevue, Washington. It is the world’s leading travel platform and boasts an extensive brand portfolio of more than 200 travel booking sites in over 70 countries.
📊 The Expedia Group brands cover all aspects of researching, planning and booking travel – from choosing the best airplane seat to planning activities at your destination. The company’s portfolio serves leisure and business travelers with budgets ranging from modest to leisure. It is a leader in the 1.6 million travel industry. Its websites comprise travel fare aggregators and travel meta search engines. The company’s name is derived from a combination of “exploration” and “speed”.
📊 The company was founded as a division of Microsoft in October 1996 but was spun off into a public company in 1999. The company was fully purchased by IAC/InterActiveCorp in 2003.
📊 The latter spun off Expedia Inc. in 2005. Expedia Inc. changed its name to Expedia Group, Inc. in March 2018. Today, the company employs more than 22 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: EVEREST GROUP STOCKS
HISTORY OF EXPEDIA GROUP
- Expedia Group, Inc. conducts its operations through four segments: Core Online Travel Agencies (Core OTA), Trivago, Egencia and HomeAway. The company’s global marketplace is used by leisure and corporate travelers, offline retail travel agents and travel service providers. It also offers travel and non-travel advertisers access to incremental traffic and transactions through media and advertising offerings on its transaction-based websites.
- Core OTA offers a variety of travel advertising services to global customers through brands such as Expedia.com and Hotels.com in the U.S, as well as localized websites such as Orbitz.com, Expedia Affiliate Network, Travelocity, Wotif Group, CarRentals.com, Hotwire.com and Classic Vacations. Its Trivago segment sends referrals to online travel companies and travel service providers from its hotel metasearch websites. Egeenciaincludes Orbitz Worldwide for Business that provides managed travel services to corporate customers worldwide. The HomeAway segment is an online marketplace for the vacation rental industry.
- The company’s primary brand, Expedia.com has localized sites in about 33 countries. Hotels.com operates about 89 localized websites in 39 languages. Orbitz comprises the U.S. travel websites, Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as e-bookers that operate in seven European countries. The company also has a global business-to-business (B2B) brand, Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), which focuses on the hotel business through application program interface (API) and template solutions.
VISION & VALUES OF EXPEDIA GROUP
- Expedia Group, Inc. conducts its operations from a platform of guiding principles that enable the company to sustain growth and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- These principles include, amongst others, a relentless quest to do better, teamwork, the ability to put itself in the shoes of its customers and partners, honesty, integrity, innovative thinking, a positive can-do attitude and simplicity. Progressive growth is the company’s primary objective.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF EXPEDIA GROUP
- Expedia Group, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “EXPE”.
- The company is an S&P component. Its steady performance in the market affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
- In 2017, for example, the company reported operating income of US$625.1 million, net income US$377.9 million and total assets valued at US$18.51 billion.
You might also like: E*TRADE FINANCIAL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS EXPEDIA GROUP
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy EXPEDIA GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN EXPEDIA GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE EXPEDIA GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of EXPEDIA GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy EXPEDIA GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : EQUIFAX STOCKS