EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON (EXPD) Stocks
ABOUT EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON
📊 Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. is a Fortune 500 service-based global logistics company. Its services include vendor consolidation, customs clearance, air and ocean freight forwarding, distribution and marine insurance.
📊 Expeditors offers customized and highly optimized supply chain solutions for its clients with unified technology systems that are integrated through its international network of 331 locations in 109 countries over six continents. It moves its freight by air, by ocean, or by ground.
📊 The company’s compensation structure is unique to the logistics industry. Each company branch is an independent profit center. The primary compensation comes in the form of incentive-based compensation which is calculated from the operating income of that specific branch.
📊 Its history dates back to 1979 and it is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Today it has approximately 18 000 employees. Its subsidiaries include Expeditors International GmbH, Expeditors Ireland Ltd., Expeditors Korea Ltd., Expeditors Japan KK, Expeditors Argentina S.A. and Expeditors Egypt SAE.
You might also like: EXPEDIA GROUP STOCKS
HISTORY OF EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON
- In 1979 Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. registers as an ocean forwarder in Seattle. Two years later the company becomes a one-stop shop for door-to-door transportation and customs brokerage services. It opens additional offices in Chicago, San Francisco, Taipei, Hong Kong and Singapore. It soon becomes one of the largest U.S. –based air freight forwarders from the Far East.
- In 1984 Expeditors goes public and starts trading stock on NASDAQ. By this time the company has 12 locations and 161 employees. In its first year as a public company it reports $2.1 million in net earnings and more than $50 million in gross revenues.
- By 1985 the company has 13 locations and expands its ocean business by buying the major non-vessel ocean common carrier, Pac Bridge.
- It has 37 locations by 1991 and net earnings top $10 million. In 1998 the company has 149 locations and more than 5 000 employees. Its gross revenues are more than a record $1 billion.
- In 2002 Expeditors International of Washington Inc. is named to the NASDAQ-100. Two years later the company is 25 years old, has 211 locations and more than 9 400 employees. Its gross revenues are more than a record $3 billion and net earnings reach $156,126,000.
- In 2006 the company enters the Fortune 500 list for the first time with revenue of $4.6 billion. Fortune also names it the Number One Most Admired Company in its industry.
- Expeditors, in collaboration with its customer Walmart, announce a new cutting-edge carrier allocation platform which will provide an advanced level of forecasting and planning, in order to revolutionize the efficiency of supply chains and transportation.
VISION & VALUES OF EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON
- Expeditors International of Washington Inc. is able to offer a higher level of customer service through organic growth within the company, not growth through acquisitions.
- The company’s core values include a neat and tidy appearance, confidence, curiosity, excellence, pride as well as leading with insight and vision.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON
- Expeditors International of Washington Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “EXPD”.
- In 2018 the company’s revenue is $8.1 billion, operating income is $796 million and net income $818 million. Total assets are $3.3 billion and total equity $1.99 billion.
- In its second quarter 2019 financial results the company reports net earnings attributable to shareholders increased 9% to $153 million, operating income increased 5% to $192 million and revenues increased 4% to $2 billion.
You might also like: EVEREST GROUP STOCKS
LATEST NEWS EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON
Buy EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : E*TRADE FINANCIAL STOCKS