EXXONMOBIL (XOM) Stocks
📊 ExxonMobil Corporation (or ExxonMobil), one of the largest “Big Oil” companies in the world, was founded in 1999 and has its headquarters in Irving, Texas, in the United States.
📊 The company was established through the merger of Exxon (formerly the Standard Oil Company of New Jersey) and Mobil (formerly the Standard Oil Company of New York). Exxon and Mobil are descendants of the Standard Oil Company of Ohio, founded by John D. Rockefeller and partners in 1870.
📊 ExxonMobil is the world’s second largest company by revenue, and one of the six largest publicly traded companies by market value. ExxonMobil is also the largest refiner in the world. It has 37 oil refineries in 21 countries with a daily refining capacity of 6.3 million barrels. It’s the biggest non-government owned company in the energy industry and produces about 2% of the world’s energy.
📊 The company uses cutting-edge technology and innovation to deliver energy to the developing world. It produces, explores for, and sells crude oil, natural gas and petroleum products. It operates in most of the world’s countries and does exploration on six continents.
📊 ExxonMobil is at the forefront of innovation, and conducts research on clean energy technologies such as algae biofuels, biodiesel produced from agricultural waste, and carbonate fuel cells, as well as refining crude oil into plastic through the use of membrane and osmosis instead of heat.
📊 The company also manufactures and distributes commodity petrochemicals such as olefins, aromatics, polypropylene and polypropylene plastics, to name but a few. Today, Exxon Mobile employs approximately 71 000 people at its operations worldwide.
You might also like: COSTCO WHOLESALE STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF EXXONMOBIL
- ExxonMobil operates through a number of global divisions, grouped into three categories for reference purposes. The company also has various ancillary stand-alone divisions, such as Coal & Minerals. It also owns a host of smaller subsidiaries, such as Esso, Aera Energy, FuelCell Energy, SeaRiver Maritime, Superior Oil Co., Syncrude, XTO Energy and Vacuum Oil Co.
- ExxonMobil’s operating segments are: Upstream Oil, which does oil exploration, extraction, shipping and wholesale operations; Downstream, which is involved with marketing, refining and retail operations; a Chemical division; and Corporate and Financing. All these divisions are based in Houston, Texas.
- ExxonMobil has developed from a regional marketer of kerosene to a world-leader in energy and chemical innovation. The company has an extensive history of lobbying for climate change denial and refuting the scientific consensus that global warming is caused by the burning of fossil fuels. It has also been in the centre of environmental controversies, such as the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska, in which it was criticized for its slow response to clean-up efforts.
VALUES OF EXXONMOBIL
- ExxonMobil is guided by a series of core principles in its relationship with employees, customers, shareholders and communities.
- The company believes that its workforce gives it that competitive edge. It therefore strives to hire and retain the most qualified people, and to enable them to develop through providing them with training and ample opportunities. It offers its employees a safe work environment, characterized by trust, fair treatment and open communication.
- ExxonMobil is committed to innovative and responsive business practices through which the company offers its customers high-quality products and services at competitive prices. It also strives to enhance value for its shareholder by operating in a responsible and profitable manner. This commitment is the driving force behind the company’s growth.
- The company also commits to being a responsible corporate citizen in the communities in which it operates worldwide. It maintains ethical standards, adheres to laws and regulations, and respects all cultures. It also utilizes its resource wisely and believes in being accountable at all times.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF EXXONMOBIL
- ExxonMobil trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “XOM”.
- The company was listed as the second largest company, and second largest publicly held corporation, as well as biggest oil company in the U.S. by 2017 revenue by Fortune Global 500.
- Its sound financial performance boosts investor confidence. In 2018 it recorded net income of US$20.84 billion and total equity of US$191.8 billion, with assets valued at US$346.2 billion.
You might also like: COMCAST STOCKS
LATEST NEWS EXXONMOBIL
Buy EXXONMOBIL stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase EXXONMOBIL Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy EXXONMOBIL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN EXXONMOBIL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE EXXONMOBIL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of EXXONMOBIL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy EXXONMOBIL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : COCA-COLA STOCKS