FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST (FRT) Stocks
ABOUT FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST
📊 Federal Realty Investment Trust is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The company primarily invests in shopping centers in the Mid-Atlantic States of California, South Florida and Northeastern United States. Federal Realty owns, operates and redevelops high-end properties that offer shopping, working, dining and living opportunities.
📊 The company’s portfolio includes approximately 100 retail shopping centers spread across 22.6 million square feet in the District of Columbia and 12 states. It has nearly 2 900 leases with residents.
📊 Federal Realty Investment Trust is an S&P 500 Index member. The company’s headquarters is located in Rockville, Maryland.
You might also like: FASTENAL STOCKS
HISTORY OF FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST
- Federal Realty Investment Trust is founded in 1962 by Samuel Gorlitz in Washington, D.C. In 1999 it is restructured in Maryland as a real estate investment trust. The company buys Del Mar Village in Florida for a price of $41.7 million in 2008. Federal Realty purchases controlling interests in property in Rockville, Maryland, named Montrose Crossing for a price of $127 million.
- It also buys a controlling interest in a California property, in El Segundo, for a price of $183.5 million. Federal Realty sells a movie theater in Forest Hills, New York, for $20.5 million in 2013.
- A year later it buys two Monmouth County shopping centers for $161 million. The company is added to the S&P 500 Index in 2016. Several more acquisitions take place that expands the company’s portfolio during the next few years.
VISION & VALUES OF FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST
- Federal Realty Investment Trust always keeps its values in mind when decisions are made. The company’s values include honor, fairness, respect and trust as well as commitment to the truth, diversity and difference of people.
- The company’s vision is to create better ways, embrace change, exceed] expectations and to be the best in its industry. It is socially and environmentally responsible. The company conserves electricity and water, recycles and contributes to society.
- With its One Warm Coat initiative, the company’s Santa Jose, California has collected more than 75 000 coats during the years. Federal Realty matches employee donations dollar for dollar.
- The company contributes to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Make a wish foundation and National Multiple Sclerosis Society, just to name a few.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST
- Federal Realty Investment Trust trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FRT”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $6,383,741 thousand. Operating income is $109,579 thousand. Net income for the reported period is $82,667 thousand. Comprehensive income is $82,268 thousand.
- Cash and cash equivalents are $105,903 thousand and total operating expenses are $137,083 thousand. Dividends on preferred shares are $2,011 thousand.
- Federal Realty Investment Trust has paid increased dividends to its shareholders for an impressive 51 consecutive years – the longest record in the Real Estate Investment Trust industry.
You might also like: F5 NETWORKS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST
Buy FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : EXTRA SPACE STORAGE STOCKS