FERRELLGAS (FGP) Stocks
📊 Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. is a supplier of natural gas liquids and is organized as a Master Limited Partnership.
📊 Its portfolio includes more than 70 service centers and nearly 86 propane distribution locations. It sells, distributes and trades natural gas liquids such as propane. The company’s Blue Rhino brand offers portable tank exchange operations through distribution centers.
📊 Propane are supplied to industries such as agricultural, portable tank exchange, residential, industrial and retail stores in the United States, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. It is used in space heating, cooking, irrigation, gas grills, water heating, weed control and crop drying etc. Ferrellgas also provides propane appliances, refined fuels, parts and fittings as well as propane related services.
📊 Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. has approximately 4 100 employees and is headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas.
HISTORY OF FERRELLGAS
- In 1939 A.C. Ferrell Butane Gas Company is founded by Alfred Carl Ferrell in Atchison, Kansas. Gas heaters and floor furnaces can be purchased from its store and the company soon grows. It opens a bottled gas plant in 1947.
- During the next few years the company starts selling televisions and furniture with its propane products. By the early 1960’s the company has scaled down to only propane and it is renamed Ferrellgas. During the next decade the company buys Midwestern businesses and expands into Missouri areas.
- In 1977 it opens a propane and feedstock distribution business named Ferrellgas North America.
- In the 1984 the company buys Buckeye Gas Products Company for a price of approximately $ 200 million, making it the 3rd largest retail propane marketer in the country.
- In 1989 DuPane Gas Service in Rhode Island is purchased, adding 2 600 customers (approximately 1.7 million gallons of propane annually) to its portfolio.
- During the next 3 years Ferrellgas buys another fourteen businesses.
- Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. starts trading on the New York stock Exchange in 1994.
- It buys Bridger Logistics LLC for a price of $ 837.5 million in 2015.
VISION & VALUES OF FERRELLGAS
- Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. values its employees, customers, shareholders, communities and environment. The company ensures the health and safety of its employees and takes care of its environment.
- Shareholders are offered high earnings and lone term value. Ferrellgas contributes to local organizations and as well as international causes. Children’s Center for the Visually Impaired, Dream Factory of Kansas City, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Harvesters and Feeding America and Share the Warmth are some of the organizations that benefits from the company’s regular contributions.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FERRELLGAS
- Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FGP”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending April 30, 2019 reports total revenues of $ 479,625 thousand. Total assets are $ 1,329,992 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 45,434 thousand and operating income is $ 64,794 thousand.