FIDELITY NATIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES (FIS) Stocks
ABOUT FIDELITY NATIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES
📊 Fidelity National Information Services is a financial services company. Fidelity’s portfolio includes capital markets, banking software, payment processing, assets and wealth management, retail and investment banking, consulting, as well as outsourcing solutions.
📊 Fidelity serves more than 20 000 clients around the world in approximately 130 countries. An estimated $9 trillion are moved through Fidelity annually. The company’s headquarters is in Jacksonville, Florida, and employs more than 52 000 people.
You might also like: EXELON STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF FIDELITY NATIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES
- In 1968 the company is founded as Systematics Inc. A few years later ALLTEL Information Services buys Systematics.
- In 2003 Fidelity National Financial purchase the company for $1.1 billion and renames it Fidelity National Information Services. It starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange a year later.
- Numerous financial services technology firms are acquired by Fidelity over the next decade including Certegy in 2006, eFunds in 2007 and Metavante in 2009. These acquisitions provide the opportunity to extend Fidelity National Information Services services to several other countries.
- One of the company’s largest acquisitions to date, is SunGard Data Systems for a price of $9.1 billion in August, 2015. The company celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2018.
VISION & VALUES OF FIDELITY NATIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES
- Fidelity National Information Services values its customers, shareholders and employees. Fidelity teaches to value their current state, steps to ensure strong management approach and how to excel when opportunities present itself.
- Fidelity is a Fortune 500 company winning numerous awards during the years. In 2013 as well as 2014, Fidelity is 1st on FinTech100’s list of Financial Technology Companies. In 2016 the company is awarded the silver Innovator Award as well as the silver Stevie Winner American Business Award. Fidelity is awarded Investment Week’s Best Technology Provider and the Global Custodian Industry Leaders Award in 2017. During this past decade, Fidelity has received approximately 60 awards and recognitions.
- The FIS Charitable Foundation donates approximately $1.2 million annually to organizations. Employees are encouraged to donate time and money to organizations of their choice and also offer help whenever natural disasters strike. The FIS Cares program provides short term support in the case of unforeseen events.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FIDELITY NATIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES
- Fidelity National Information Services trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol FIS.
- Analysis data for the first quarter of 2019 shows revenue of $2,057 million. Operating income is $315 million and adjusted EBITDA is $729 million. Net earnings attributable to common stockholders are $148 million and adjusted net earnings attributable to common stockholders are $535 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents are $576 million. Fidelity pays dividends to its shareholder. The company has paid dividends since 2003. The Fidelity forecast predicts positive earnings and to buy shares.
You might also like: EQUINIX STOCKS
LATEST NEWS FIDELITY NATIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy FIDELITY NATIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN FIDELITY NATIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE FIDELITY NATIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of FIDELITY NATIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy FIDELITY NATIONAL INFORMATION SERVICES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : MICRON TECHNOLOGY STOCKS