FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE (FPH) Shares
ABOUT FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE
📊 Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation Limited is a manufacturer, designer and marketer of products and systems for use in respiratory care, acute care, and the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.
📊 Based in New Zealand with over 4 100 employees, its products and systems sold in around 120 countries worldwide.
📊 Maurice Paykel and Sir Woolf Fisher were the founders of Fisher & Paykel Industries Ltd. It started out in 1934 as an importer of washing machines, refrigerators and radios.
📊 In the mid-1950s, it moved to manufacturing products using its own technology. Getting involved in healthcare started in the 1960s when the company sought involvement in a business that would benefit from their manufacturing and electronic skills.
📊 It developed and produced a prototype respiratory humidifier used with patients in hospital intensive care units.
📊 The company renamed from Fisher & Paykel Industries Limited to Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation Limited. It also established a new company, Fisher & Paykel Appliances Holdings Limited, to own F&P’s appliances and finance business.
OVERVIEW OF FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation Limited designs manufactures and markets medical device products and systems.
- It operates in New Zealand, North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Its products include respiratory humidifiers, single-use and reusable chambers and breathing circuits, infant resuscitators, and infant warmers and accessories. It also offers hardware and consumables.
VISION & VALUES OF FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation Limited fully understands the life-changing impact that can result from delivering world-leading healthcare solutions.
- It changed the way the world delivers respiratory humidification to critically ill patients and were the first in the world to make a humidifier specifically for use with patients with obstructive sleep apnea.
- Its team of self-motivated, empathetic and committed individuals is its strength. It is this team; the company’s originality; the value it place on relationships; its international perspective; and the utmost care for all patients, customers, suppliers, shareholders, as well as the environment, that will ultimately ensure it will be the healthcare company of choice.
- Continuing product improvement innovation to improve patient care and development of a worldwide distribution network are two core strengths. Shareholders who purchase company shares can rest assured of superior value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation Limited trades on Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and New Zealand Stock Exchange and lists under the stock symbol FPH. The company forms part of the ASX 100.
- Total profit after tax for the year 2019 is up 10% to NZ$ 209.2 million. Operating revenue is NZ$ 1,070.4 million, which was 9% above last year. Its gross margin improved by 56 basis points to 66.9. The Board has declared a final dividend of 13.50 cents per share.
- This takes the total dividend for the 2019 financial year to 23.25 cents per share and equates to a dividend payout ratio of approximately 64% of net profit after tax for the year. Basic earnings per share is 36.5 cps.
Buy FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTHCARE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?