FITBIT (FIT) Stocks
📊 Fitbit, Inc.is one of the largest technology companies in the world. Its portfolio offers wireless-enabled wearable technology in the Unites States and internationally. It offers a range of smart watches, smart scales, wireless headphones and related fitness accessories. Products measure data such as sleep quality, heart rate, steps walked and climbed, as well as other personal fitness information such as food intake and weight, to assist people with their health and fitness goals.
📊 Fitbit products are accessible on more than 200 phones such as iOS, Android and Windows. Fitbit Coach provides exercise programs with yoga and personal trainer apps. Products can be purchased through sport and outdoor retailers, online, department stores and consumer electronics.
📊 Fitbit, Inc.’s headquarters is located in San Francisco, California. The company has approximately 1 630 employees.
HISTORY OF FITBIT
- In 2007 Fitbit is founded by Eric Friedman and James Park in San Francisco, California as a consumer electronics company. In 2015 the company has its initial public offering and it is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Shares can be purchased at a price of $ 20.00 per share.
- The same year it buys Fitstar, a fitness coaching app developer, for a price of $ 17.8 million.
- In 2016 Fitbit starts focusing more on digital healthcare and undergoes a transformation. It buys Coin, a credit card company, as well as Pebble assets. Romania-based company, Vector Watch SRL, is purchased in 2017.
- In early 2018 the company enters a partnership with Adidas as well as the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Fitbit buys a software startup company from Boston, Twine Health.
VISION & VALUES OF FITBIT
- Fitbit, Inc. values its shareholders, customers and employees. New opportunities are produced to use the greatest, innovative technology in its products and to create value to all parties.
- Fitbit, Inc.’s mission is to inspire people across the globe to live more active and healthy life styles by helping them exercise, eat and sleep better. Products are of high-quality and stylish, fitting in with every day activities.
- Fitbit has won regular and numerous awards during the years. Some of these include the echCrunch50 runner-up in 2008 as well as CES’ 2009 Innovation honoree and best Health & Wellness category. The company is ranked 37th in the 2016 top innovative companies. It is also ranked 46th on the Deloitte Fast 500 North America list.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FITBIT
- Fitbit, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FIT”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 29, 2019 reports a revenue of $ 313,556 thousand. Total assets are $ 1,278,180 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 335,229 thousand. Gross profit is $ 108,214 thousand and total operating expenses are $ 178,844 thousand.