FLIR SYSTEMS (FLIR) Stocks
ABOUT FLIR SYSTEMS
📊 FLIR Systems, Inc. is a designer, manufacturer, marketer and distributor of perception and awareness technology. The company’s portfolio includes measurement and diagnostics, thermal imaging, video analytics, visible-light imaging, locator as well as advanced threat detection systems.
📊 The company’s products and services are offered to government and defense, commercials and industrial markets and used to enhance safety, increase time and energy, intelligent communities and promote health.
📊 FLIR Systems, Inc. operates through its various sectors. Its Surveillance sector offers enhanced imaging and recognition for public safety, law enforcement, military and other government businesses. Its Security sector develops and manufactures cameras and video recording systems for infrastructure, home monitoring and commercial use.
📊The company’s Instruments sector offers gases, environmental elements and thermal energy for scientific and commercial uses. The Maritime sector manufactures electronics and imaging instruments for recreational and commercial maritime markets.
📊 The company’s OEM & Emerging Markets provides cores and components used in thermal imaging cameras and the Detection sector provides instruments and sensors for detection, identification, explosive, suppression of chemicals and nuclear threats.
📊 FLIR Systems, Inc. is headquartered in Wilsonville, Oregon. The company employs more than 3 000 people in its facilities.
HISTORY OF FLIR SYSTEMS
- FLIR Systems is founded in 1978 to manufacture high-performance thermal imaging systems that could be purchased at a low a price. These systems assist operatives to see infrared energy radiated by people, animals and objects in total darkness or adverse weather.
- By the 1980’s the company expands its products and offers hand-held and laboratory systems for superior imaging and to monitor temperature differences.
- In 1990 the FLIR Systems buys Hughes Aircraft Co., an industrial thermal imaging company. The company buys a company, called Agema, from Sweden and another company from Boston, Massachusetts called Inframetrics in 1999.
- These transactions enhances the company’s thermal imaging business portfolio considerably.
- In 2003 FLIR Systems buys a leader in cooled and uncooled infrared detectors and camera cores, Indigo Systems.
- Today, through organic growth and acquisitions FLIR Systems becomes one of the largest companies in the industry.
VISION & VALUES OF FLIR SYSTEMS
- With FLIR HERO, the company supports its communities and environment. The company is a proud member of the World Wildlife Fund and assist Anti-Poaching. It donates thermal imaging cameras to assist rangers with wildlife protection and combat poaching since 2016.
- The company supports and encourages STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FLIR SYSTEMS
- FLIR Systems, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FLIR”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports a revenue of $ 481,998 thousand. Total assets are $ 3,244,686 thousand. Gross profit is $ 233,620 thousand and total operating expenses are $ 169,883 thousand. Net earnings are $ 46,118 thousand.
- The company paid dividends of $ 23,033 thousand on its common stock. Dividends per share is $ 0.17.