FMC CORPORATION (FMC) Stocks
📊 FMC Corporation is a chemical and agricultural science company. The company’s portfolio includes innovative growing solutions, professional turf and pest management, crop protection and plant health for consumer, industrial and agricultural purposes.
📊 FMC operates through its three sectors. The company’s FMC Agricultural Solutions sector offers insecticides (protect crops against pests), herbicides (protect crops from weeds) and fungicides (protects crops against fungicides). This sector also offers garden and lawn products. The FMC Health and Nutrition sector offers food ingredients, omega-3 oils and pharmaceutical ingredients.
📊 The company’s FMC Lithium sector provides lithium to several markets where t is used in greases and lubricants, energy storage, polymers, glass and ceramics, batteries as well as pharmaceutical synthesis.
📊 FMC Corporation has more than 6 500 employees around the world. Its headquarters is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
You might also like: FLUOR STOCKS
HISTORY OF FMC
- In 1884 John Bean, a retired inventor, builds a high-pressure insecticide spray pump and opens a store named the Bean Spray Pump Company. In 1901 Bean invents the Magic Pump that produces higher pressure than regular pumps. The Bean Spray Pump Company is incorporated in 1904.
- In 1928 the company’s name changes to John Bean Manufacturing Company. It starts trading on the San Francisco Exchange. T
- he company buys canning machinery companies named Sprague-Sells and Anderson-Barngrover Co. The acquisitions expand the company’s portfolio and it becomes the largest food machinery manufacturer in the world. It is renamed Food Machinery Corporation. Export department offices are opened in 1929 in San Francisco and New York. In 1931 the company starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
- In 1943 Food Machinery Corporation buys a fungicide and insecticide business named Niagara Sprayer & Chemical Co. This enables the Food Machinery Corporation to enter the chemical market. In 1948 the company buys Westvaco Chemical Corp, which offers chlorine and caustic soda used in pesticides and insecticides. The company is renamed to Food Machinery and Chemical Corporation.
- During the 1950’s and early 1960’s the company expands to Argentina, Italy, Mexico and Japan.
- The company’s name is changed to FMC Corporation in 1961. By 1978 FMC is the largest hydrogen peroxide producer in the world. In 2001 FMC is restructured. It spins off its machinery business and it starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange as FMC Technologies.
VISION & VALUES OF FMC
- FMC Corporation conducts business with respect, integrity and high ethical standards. The safety of the company’s employees are always put first. The company is always on the lookout for new, innovative solutions while protecting the environment.
- FMC Corporation’s goals towards 2025 is to reduce energy consumption with 15 percent, reduce its greenhouse gas emissions with 15 percent, reduce water consumption in high risk areas with 20 percent and reduce waste with 15 percent.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FMC
- FMC Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FMC”.
- Data analysis for the company’s second quarter for 2019 reports a revenue of $1.2 billion, an increase of 4.5 percent. Consolidated GAAP net income is $176 million. Total company adjusted EBITDA is $338 million, an increase of 6 percent. Consolidated GAAP earnings are $1.32 per diluted share.
- Consolidated adjusted earnings per diluted share are $1.66, an 11 percent increase.The company repurchased $100 million of shares. FMC Corporation pays quarterly dividends on its common stock. FMC Corporation’s forecast predicts positive earnings and potential investors can purchase shares at a good price.
You might also like: FLOWSERVE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS FMC
Buy FMC stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase FMC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy FMC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN FMC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE FMC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of FMC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy FMC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : HERSHEY COMPANY STOCKS