ABOUT FORTRESS INCOME FUND
📊 Fortress Income Fund Limited is a real estate investment trust (REIT), which invests in both physical property and listed property securities. The Company’s segments include Logistics, Industrial, Office, Retail, Corporate South Africa and Corporate Europe. The Company owns and develops logistics warehouses, which are let to corporate tenants on long leases. The Company also invests in retail properties focused on transport nodes.
📊 Fortress’s equity portfolio consists of both local listed REITs and international listed property securities. The Company focuses on development of prime logistic warehousing, retail centers and strategic offshore investments. The Company’s portfolio includes development properties, industrial properties, logistics properties, office properties, residential properties, retail properties and other properties.
📊 The company has a property portfolio that includes up to 100 logistic-focused properties across South Africa, comprising 42% of its total portfolio. The rest of its property investments consist of 88.8% in the retail sector, 9.3% in the industrial sector, and 0.5% in the office sector, encompassing a wide property footprint that includes Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Kwazulu-Natal, Free State, North West, Limpopo, Eastern Cape and Cape Town. The company’s securities consist of South African-listed REITS as well as off shore companies.
📊 Fortress Income Fund was first listed as a property loan stock company on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and was one of the biggest property sector listings at the time. Today, the company trades on the JSE under the stock symbol FFA with a market cap of over R23 billion and is still one of the largest property stocks listed.
You might also like: FIRSTRAND SHARES
FORTRESS INCOME FUND PERFORMANCE
- Fortress Income Fund has consistently reported record growth despite a struggling economy, its success based largely on its impressive property portfolio, its off-shore foreign currency equities, and its competently managed growth strategy that sees it increasing investment in CBD retail investment as well as reducing its presence in small industrial centers. One such example has been the company’s acquisition of the Weskus Mall in the Western Cape in 2015, one of the largest acquisitions in the property sector for that year, as well as its ongoing focus on extensions and redevelopments of existing properties.
- As one of the strongest performing property holdings on the JSE, Fortress has enjoyed a flourishing share price, and data from financial forecasts predict that the company will continue to produce increased dividends. As such, Fortress shares recorded an outstanding growth of 155% in 2015 alone, while raking in record profits of R2.5 billion and a 20.29% increase in dividends, contributing to overall increases in its market cap, net asset values and liquidity.
- The company plans to grow its logistics-based properties to two-thirds of its total portfolio by 2020 as part of its 1.5 billion expansion plan that encompasses a raft of new developments.
FORTRESS INCOME FUND INVESTOR TIPS
- Fortress Income Fund‘s share value has continued to increase, with the live online stock charts revealing significant yields for investors who choose to purchase shares on the JSE. With the company’s share price more than doubling in 2015 alone, Fortress continues to be a strong buy with great potential for upside.
- With the company’s strong property portfolio, increasing customer base of its retail centres, and lucrative offshore acquisitions, Fortress shares are set to produce great rewards for those who buy them in 2019 and beyond.
You might also like: EXXARO RESOURCES SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy FORTRESS INCOME FUND Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN FORTRESS INCOME FUND STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE FORTRESS INCOME FUND STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of FORTRESS INCOME FUND stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy FORTRESS INCOME FUND stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ECHO POLSKA PROPERTIES SHARES