FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY (FBHS) Stocks
ABOUT FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY
📊 Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. is a holding company that operates through its subsidiaries MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., Fortune Brands Storage & Security LLC., Fortune Brands Doors, Inc., Moen Incorporated and Fortune Brands Global Plumbing Group LLC.
📊 The company’s portfolio offers a variety of products and services, including wholesalers for builders and professionals, kitchen and bath dealers, do-it-yourself remodeling centers, industrial and locksmith distributors and other retail channels. Customers can buy these high quality products at an affordable price across the United States, Canada, China, Japan, Europe and Mexico.
📊 Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc.operates through four divisions. The company’s Cabinets division manufactures custom and stock cabinetry for in-home use. The Plumbing division manufactures, assembles and sells accessories, waste disposals, faucets and kitchen sinks.
📊 Its Doors division manufactures and sells door systems for patios, entry pool and others made of fiberglass and steel. The company’s Security division offers safety and security devices, locks, and electronic security products.
📊 Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. is headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois and employs more than 23 800 people in its numerous locations. The company is an S&P 500 component.
You might also like: FORTINET STOCKS
HISTORY OF FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY
- Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc.is a combination of pioneering and innovative brands. Kemper Cabinetry is founded in 1926 and the oldest brand in the company’s history. Aristokraft, the first brand to be part of Fortune Brand, is founded in 1954.
- In 2014 Moen Incorporated celebrates its 75th year of existence. The company invented the single-hand faucet for easy temperature adjustments in tap water in 1947. The inventor of the world’s first laminated padlock is Master Lock, founded in 1921.
- In 1939 this company’s Milwaukee manufacturing plant started operating. Therma-Truis founded in 1983 and presents the first fiberglass door. The purchase of several companies take place to build the successful company that it is known for today.
VISION & VALUES OF FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY
- Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc.values trust, integrity, its customers, employees, shareholders and community. Fortune Brands has won several awards and recognition’s through the years.
- The company is on Fortune Magazine’s World’s list of Most Admired Companies for 2019. This would be the company’s 7th time in the top three in this particular category.
- The company is on FORTUNE Magazine’s List of World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year.
- The company receives the Silver Edison Award is 2016 in the category Consumer Electronics &Information Technology.
- In 2016 and 2017 Moen is named America’s Most Trusted Faucet Brand based on a study of 19 959 opinions of United States consumers.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY
- Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FBHS”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period for the six months ending June 30, 2019 total assets of $6,343.4 million. Net sales are $2,835.1 million and net income is $221.6 million. Operating income is $338.0 million and comprehensive income is $233.1 million.
- Total equity for the reported period is $2,344.7 million. The company pays quarterly dividends on its common stock. Potential investors can buy shares now for an affordable price.
You might also like: FOOT LOCKER STOCKS
LATEST NEWS FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : FMC CORPORATION STOCKS