FREEPORT-McMORAN (FCX) Stocks
📊 Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (known as Freeport) was incorporated on November 10, 1987 and has its headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona in the United States. Freeport is a leading international mining company that operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents. The company owns significant proven and probable reserves of gold, copper and molybdenum.
📊 The company is the world’s leading molybdenum producer and the second largest copper producer. In 2018, for example, Freeport derived 67% of its revenue from copper, 11% from petroleum, 10% from gold and 5% from molybdenum.
📊 Freeport-McMoRan Inc. was established in 1981 through the merger of Freeport Minerals (formerly Texas Freeport Sulphur Company) and McMoRan Oil & Gas Company. The company’s predecessors include Freeport Sulphur and Freeport Texas Company.
📊 Freeport has proven expertise in both technology and production methods to produce copper, gold and molybdenum. The company’s subsidiaries include PT Freeport Indonesia, Freeport-McMoRan Corporation and Atlantic Copper.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 30 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: FRANKLIN RESOURCES STOCKS
HISTORY OF FREEPORT-McMORAN
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc. conducts its operations through various segments: Refined Copper Products, Copper in Concentrate, Gold, Molybdenum, Oil and Other. Its operational divisions comprise North America copper mines, South America mining, Indonesia mining and Molybdenum mines. Its assets portfolio comprises mining operations in the Americas and assets in the Grasberg minerals district in Indonesia.
- The company’s North America copper mines include open-pit mining, sulphide ore concentrating, leaching and solution extraction/electrowinning (SX/EW) operations. Its South American operations include two copper mines – Cero Verde in Peru and El Abra in Chile. Both are open-pit, sulphide ore concentrating, leaching and SX/EW operations.
- Indonesia Mining include PT Freeport Indonesia’s Grasberg minerals district where the company produces copper concentrates containing gold and silver. Molybdenum Mines include the Henderson underground mine and the Climax open-pit mine in Colorado. These mines produce chemical-grade molybdenum concentrates that are processed into molybdenum chemical products.
VISION & VALUES OF FREEPORT-McMORAN
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc. conducts its operations ethically and regards safety as paramount in all of its operations. The company believes in upholding the fundamental rights of all people and respects all cultures, customs and values in its dealings with employees and others.
- The company further adheres to good corporate practices and its ethos is rooted in values such as honesty, respect, accountability and integrity. It always strives to add value for its stakeholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FREEPORT-McMORAN
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “FCX”.
- The company is an S&P 500 component. In 2018, it recorded total revenue of US$18,228,000 billion and net income of US$2,894,000 billion.
- Its solid performance in the market bodes well for shareholders who buy or sell company shares as they can expect solid dividends and returns on their investment.
You might also like: FOX STOCKS
LATEST NEWS FREEPORT-McMORAN
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy FREEPORT-McMORAN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN FREEPORT-McMORAN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE FREEPORT-McMORAN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of FREEPORT-McMORAN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy FREEPORT-McMORAN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY STOCKS