FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE (FMS) Stocks
ABOUT FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE
📊 Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. (KGaA), a medical products and services company, was founded in 1996 and has its headquarters in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Germany. The company provides kidney dialysis through a comprehensive network of outpatient dialysis centres. It treats end-stage renal disease, which requires dialysis three times per week.
📊 The company also operates 42 production sites, with the largest located in the U.S., Germany and Japan. These sites provide dialysis products such as dialysis machines, dialyzers and related disposables.
📊 The company’s U.S. headquarters is located in Waltham, Massachusetts and its Asia-Pacific headquarters is situated in Hong Kong. Its Latin American corporate offices are located in Rio de Janeiro. KGaA is the world’s leading provider of services and products for patients with chronic kidney failure.
📊 Globally, approximately 3.4 million patients regularly undergo dialysis treatment. Dialysis is a blood cleansing procedure that substitutes the function of the kidney.
📊 The company actively works towards further consolidating its expertise as a basis for sustainable growth. It continuously seeks new and innovative technologies and treatment concepts to enhance patients’ quality of life.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 180 000 people across its global operations.
HISTORY OF FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE
- Fresenius Medical Care offers kidney dialysis services through a network of 3 900 outpatient dialysis centres that collectively serves 336 000 patients. The company is 30% owned by Fresenius SE. KGaA has a 38% market share in the U.S. and appears on Forbes’ Best Employers List.
- Apart from performing dialysis, KGaA also manufactures dialysis machines and other products that are marketed to hospitals and clinics via global sales efforts and independent distributors. Its dialysis support services comprise laboratory testing, renal drug distribution and disease-management programs.
- The company continuously expands its footprint through acquisitions. Some of these include the purchase of Liberty Dialysis Holding in 2012, which added 201 clinics to its services portfolio. Its acquisition of Shiel Medical Laboratory in 2013 expanded KGaA’s services to the New York City metro area.
- It sold this business to Quest Diagnostics in 2017. KGaA also acquired U.S. manufacturer of in-home dialysis devices, NxStage, in 2019.
VISION & VALUES OF FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co ’s mission is to deliver superior care that improves the quality of each of its patients every day. It strives to set the benchmark for excellence in the industry. It works hard to be the partner of choice in managing care through a value-based system that translates into superior value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- It operations are founded in core values such as collaboration, teamwork, shared purpose, reliability and excellence. The company always puts its patients and partners first and prides itself on the delivery of excellent service. KGaA continuously drives quality and progress to guide the industry towards a prosperous future.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “FMS”.
- For fiscal 2018, the company recorded total revenue of € 16.55 billion and net income of € 3.038 million. Its total assets were valued at € 26.242 million. This solid presence in the market bodes well for shareholders who buy or sell company shares as they can expect solid dividends and returns.