GAMESTOP (GME) Stocks
📊 GameStop Corporation is a gaming merchandise retailer. The company also provides video games and consumer electronics.
📊 Its portfolio consists of approximately 5 830 stores across 14 countries in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Europe. It operates under several bands, including GameStop, Micromania, EB Games and ThinkGeek. GameStop’s consumer product network includes PowerUp Rewards, a loyalty program with more than 55 million members around the world, and Game Informer Magazine, the leading digital and print video game publication. I also includes Geeknet, Inc., a licensed video game themed retail store.
📊 In addition, the company also sells Apple products.
📊 GameStop Corporation is a Fortune 500 company. It employs more than 53 000 people around the globe and is headquartered in Grapevine, Texas.
HISTORY OF GAMESTOP
- In 1984 the company starts as a small educational software retailer in Dallas, Texas, named Babbage’s. The same year it buys Software Etc., which would later be known as Babbage’s Etc. LLC.
- In 1999 it is purchased by Barnes & Noble Booksellers for a price of $ 215 million. The company merges with Funco, Inc.
- In 2000 Funco, Inc. is renamed GameStop. The company initiates a buy-sell-trade program and transforms video game industry.
- In 2002 the company has its initial public offering and starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange. Barnes & Noble spins off the company in 2004.
- GameStop buys Electronics Boutique Games, also known as EB Games, in 2005. This provides the opportunity to expand internationally and the company becomes the largest video retailer in the world.
- In 2008 the company buys the leading video game retailer in France, Micromania. GameStop presents its loyalty program, PowerUp Rewards, in 2010. Within the first year it gains more than 10 million members.
- The company buys Simply Mac, the largest reseller of Apple products, as well as Spring Mobile AT&T. It enables the company to launch its Technology Brands division. More acquisitions take place and GameStop soon grows into the successful company that it is today.
VISION & VALUES OF GAMESTOP
- GameStop Corporation’s core values are to serve its customers with integrity and respect, creating positive gaming experiences and to offer quality, well-known products. The company values innovation and the creation of new experiences that will create joy to its customers.
- GameStop is committed to contributing to its communities and supports non-profit organizations. Some of these organizations include the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Children’s Miracle Network and Autism Speaks. GameStop believes in creating a sustainable future. It is committed to minimizing it environmental footprint and follows recycling programs and reduces emissions, water and energy usage.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GAMESTOP
- GameStop Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “GME”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending August 3, 2019 reports total assets of $ 2,987.9 million. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 424.0 million. Net sales are $ 1,285.7 million and gross profit is $ 399.1 million. Dividends are $ 38.7 million, $ 0.38 per common share.