GENUINE PARTS (GPC) Stocks
ABOUT GENUINE PARTS
📊 Genuine Parts Company (GPC), an American service organization, was incorporated on May 7, 1928 and has its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. The company focuses on the distribution of automotive replacement part, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. It serves its clients worldwide and owns the NAPA Auto Parts brand.
📊 The company’s history can be traced back to 1925 when Carlyle Fraser founded the company through the purchase of Motor Parts Depot in Atlanta. He renamed the parts store Genuine Parts Company. The latter started out with only six employees. The company grew rapidly with the aid of National Automotive Parts Association (NAPA). In the past 35 years, the company has accelerated its growth through the acquisition of companies in the automotive, industrial and electrical industries.
📊 GPC consists of a number of subsidiaries that distribute industrial and automotive replacement parts as well as office products and electronic/electrical materials. The company conducts its business from 3 100 locations across the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand. Today, the company employs approximately 48 000 people across its operations globally.
You might also like: GARTNER STOCKS
HISTORY OF GENUINE PARTS
- Genuine Parts Company conducts its operations through four primary segments: Automotive, Industrial, Office Products Group and Electrical/Electronic Materials.
The Automotive segment distributes replacement parts for all models of automobiles, trucks and other vehicles. This segment offers inventory, cataloging, marketing, training and related programs in the automotive aftermarket. Its automotive parts portfolio comprises approximately 475 000 items that are distributed throughout North America, Australia and New Zealand. It sells its parts under the NAPA brand name in the U.S. and the Repco brand name in Australasian markets.
- The Industrial segment distributes industrial bearings, mechanical and fluid power transmission equipment, materials handling components and related parts and products. This segment functions as Motion Industries, Inc. (Motion). The latter’s product portfolio comprises bearings, mechanical and electrical power transmission and industrial automation products, to name but a few.
- The Office Products Group distributes a portfolio of office products, computer supplies, furniture and business electronics. This segment operates through the S.P. Richards Company. The Electrical/Electronic Materials segment operates through EIS, Inc. and distributes process materials, production supplies, industrial MRO and custom-engineered value-added fabricated parts.
VISION & VALUES OF GENUINE PARTS
- Genuine Parts Company’s expertise enables the company to adapt its products and service lines to better address its clientele’s needs. Over the years this “can-do” attitude has cemented the company’s reputations as a partner of choice in its field.
- Stellar service and sound business practices have enabled the company to sustain its growth and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares. All of its operations are rooted in core values such as integrity, accountability, drive and innovation.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GENUINE PARTS
- Genuine Parts Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “GPC”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- In 2018 the company recorded total revenue of US$18.7 billion which is and 15% increase over the previous fiscal cycle.
- Its net income for this period was US$810.5 million and earnings per diluted share were $5.50. Shareholders can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: GARMIN STOCKS
LATEST NEWS GENUINE PARTS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy GENUINE PARTS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN GENUINE PARTS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE GENUINE PARTS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of GENUINE PARTS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy GENUINE PARTS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : FREEPORT-McMORAN STOCKS