GEO GROUP (GEO) Stocks
ABOUT GEO GROUP
📊 The GEO Group, Inc. is a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) that specializes in mental health, detention and correctional centers.
📊 The company concentrates on the designing, developing, operating and financing of correctional centers. Its portfolio includes more than 133 facilities (managing and/or owning) which consists of approximately 97 000 beds across Australia, South Africa, North America and the United Kingdom.
📊 The company also offers post-release support, offender rehabilitation, community-based programs as well as electronic monitoring. The company’s shares are primarily held by investors such as Cohen and Steers, BlackRock and The Vanguard Group.
📊 Geo Group, Inc. has approximately 23 000 employees and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.
HISTORY OF GEO GROUP
- In 1984 Wackenhut Corrections Corporation is created as a sector of Wackenhut Corporation, which is later purchased by G4S Secure Solutions.
- The company is incorporated in 1988 as a subsidiary of Wackenhut.
- In 1994 the company starts trading as a public company. It buys all common stock back from G4S in 2003 and is renamed the Geo Group, Inc. The company buys Correctional Services Corporation for a price of $ 62 million and assumes $ 124 million for debt in 2005.
- The same year James Slattery buys its juvenile services sector for a price of $ 3.75 million and it is renamed Slattery’s Youth Services International.
- During 2012 GEO Group purchases Cornell Companies for a price of $ 370 million.
- The company expands its portfolio further when is buys BI Incorporated for $ 415 million. BI Incorporated is an electronic offender-tracking equipment and services company.
- In 2017 Community Education Centers is purchased, adding approximately 12 000 beds, of which 7 000 is community re-entry beds, to its portfolio in the United States.
VISION & VALUES OF GEO GROUP
- Geo Group, Inc. adheres to the highest standards when it comes service and highly trained employees. The company’s vision is to create positive influences and changes in the communities from which it serves. New opportunities are created to better itself and offer affordably priced, quality services which include leading, innovative treatment programs.
- The company operates through its GEO Group Foundation to contribute to community organizations and charities, educational scholarships and schools.
- Geo Group, Inc. is committed to operating sustainably. The company minimizes its environmental footprint by reducing emissions. Its goal is to create environmental awareness and increase environmental sustainability in all of its facilities. Some of these facilities are already LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GEO GROUP
- GEO Group, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “GEO”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports revenues of $ 613,966 thousand. Operating expenses are $ 453,168 thousand. Operating income is $ 81,175 thousand and net income is $ 41,836 thousand. Dividends are $ 0.48 per share.