GILEAD SCIENCES (GILD) Stocks
ABOUT GILEAD SCIENCES
📊 Gilead Sciences Inc. is a biopharmaceutical research company that provides advanced medicine in order to fight life-threatening diseases. The company’s portfolio includes 23 marketed products. These products, as well as investigational medicine, fights HIV/Aids, cardiovascular conditions, liver disease, hematology and oncology, as well as a variety of other diseases.
📊 Kite Pharma, Inc., a subsidiary of Gilead Sciences, participates in the development of cancer immunotherapies.
📊 Gilead Sciences’ headquarters is located in Foster City, California.
📊 The company has more than 11 000 staff members and operates in more than 35 countries.
You might also like: GENERAL MOTORS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF GILEAD SCIENCES
- Gilead Sciences is founded on the 22nd of June, 1987, by medical doctor Michael L. Riordan. The company is first named Oligogen. In 1988 the company is incorporated as Gilead Sciences Inc.
- The company’s medical portfolio quickly expands. In the 1990’s, capital venture firm, Menlo Ventures, invests $2 million in Gilead. In January 1992 Gilead Sciences becomes a publicly traded company. The public buys a total of 5 750 000 shares that raises $86.25 million. The company’s first commercial product, for the treatment of cytomegalovirus retinitis in AIDS patients, is launched in 1996.
- Gilead Sciences and Pharmacia & Upjohn join forces and provides the opportunity to expand the product outside of the United States. In March 1999 the company buys NeXstar Pharmaceuticals. In 2000 OSI Pharmaceuticals purchases Gilead Sciences’ cancer assets for a price of $200 million. The next couple of years sees Gilead Sciences acquiring several companies to expand its medical portfolio. Several of the acquisitions are competitors.
- The Gilead Foundation is established in 2005.
VALUES OF GILEAD SCIENCES
- Gilead Sciences’ list of values consist of integrity, teamwork and excellence. Employees are challenged to strive for higher achievements and are always looking for new opportunities to change the world and improve its clients’ lives. The company’s vision is to discover, develop and provide advanced therapeutics to fight diseases that are life-threatening.
- Gilead Sciences offers medical access across the world with the help of partners and health officials. The Gilead Foundation focusses on offering HIV and hepatitis education, prevention and medical services. Gilead Sciences provides funds to junior faculty researches that show great promise, for a period of two years. Funds are $130 000 and paid in annual instalments.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GILEAD SCIENCES
- Gilead Sciences trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol GILD.
- Analysis data for the first quarter in 2019 that ends on the 31st of March, shows total revenues of $5.3 billion, an increase when compared to the previous year. Net income is $2.0 billion. Non-GAAP net income is $2.3 billion.
- Gilead Sciences pays quarterly dividends to its shareholders for its common stock. A total of $817 million was paid to shareholders for dividends during this quarter.
You might also like: GENERAL DYNAMICS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS GILEAD SCIENCES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy GILEAD SCIENCES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN GILEAD SCIENCES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE GILEAD SCIENCES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of GILEAD SCIENCES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy GILEAD SCIENCES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : FISERV STOCKS