GNC (GNC) Stocks
📊 GNC Holdings, Inc. is a health and wellness company.
📊 The company’s portfolio offers a wide variety of products that include herbal and nutritional supplements and minerals, sport nutrition, weight loss, bodybuilding, natural remedies, food and drink, beauty as well as general merchandise.
📊 The company’s stores also offer fitness and health products as well as its own brands such as Mega Men, Herbal Plus, Total LeanTM, Beyond Raw, Ultra Mega, Pro Performance and GNC GenetixHD.
📊 Third-party brands are also offered in stores. The company has approximately 6 200 United States stores which include 1 100 stores within Rite Aid stores, as well as 41 GNC LiveWell stores located in Australia in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.
📊 Together with its international stores, the company has more than 8 400 sites in nearly 50 countries. GNC operates through its United States, International, Canada and Manufacturing/Wholesale sectors.
📊 GNC Holdings, Inc. employs approximately 16 800 people. The company’s headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
HISTORY OF GNC
- Lackzoom is opened in 1935 by David Shakarian in Pittsburg. It starts out as a small health food shop and within 6 months a second shop is opened.
- In 1936 it is registered as a corporation and by 1941 Shakarian owns a total of seven shops.
- In the early 1960’s the company’s name is changed to General Nutrition Center (GNC) and expands to areas outside Pittsburg.
- During the 1980’s General Nutrition becomes a public company and it starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
- In 1999 Royal Dutch Numico buys General Nutrition and in 2003 it is purchased by Apollo Management.
- In 2007 Ares Management and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan buys the company.
- During 2018 Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Holding Co. buys 40 percent stake in the company.
VISION & VALUES OF GNC
- GNC Holdings, Inc.’s vision is to serve its customers around the globe with high-quality, affordably priced products to develop healthier lifestyles. The company aims to provide shareholders and customers with value.
- Through its GNC Live Well Foundation, the company offers nutrition and supplement to unprivileged individuals in its communities, especially women and children.
- The foundation contributes to organizations and initiatives that support nutrition, education and research.
- Some of the organizations that benefit from the company’s charitable contributions are Operation Homefront that assist military families, Feeding America that supports food banks across America to help fight hunger, as well as St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital that research and treats pediatric catastrophic diseases.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GNC
- GNC Holdings, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “GNC”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports a revenue of $ 533,997 thousand.
- Total assets are $ 1,688,207 thousand and operating income is $ 48,718 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 95,893 thousand.
- Gross profit for the reported period is $ 193,744 thousand. Net income is $ 16,058 thousand.