GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC (GOG) Shares
ABOUT GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC
📊 Go-Ahead Group plc is a public transport provider.
📊 It’s a leader in the United Kingdom and serves approximately 1 billion passengers each year.
📊 Its portfolio offers bus and rail services for leisure, work and educational markets. More than 60 percent of all public transport in the United Kingdom are by bus and the company’s bus services transport more than 2 million people daily.
📊 Approximately 30 percent of train passengers make use of the company’s services. For this reasons Go-Ahead Group plc offers quality services at a good price.
📊 The company also operates across Ireland and Singapore.
📊 Go-Ahead Group plc is a member of the FTSE 250 Index. The company employs almost 29 000 people and is headquartered in Newcastle, England, United States.
OVERVIEW OF GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC
- In 1987 the company is founded as Go-Ahead Northern Limited when Chris Moyes and Martin Ballinger buys the Gateshead-based northern division of the National Bus Company.
- Several small acquisitions take place during the years.
- Its first major acquisition takes place in 1993 when Go-Ahead Group plc buys Brighton & Hove. Soon Oxford Bus Company and Wycombe Bus Company are purchased, and the company grows greatly.
- In 1995 the company is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The same year OK Motor Services is purchased and a year later it buys its second bus operation, London General.
- A few months later it enters the United Kingdom rail market with the Thames Train franchise. Go-Ahead Group plc starts focusing on airport services and offers ground handling services at the United Kingdom airports.
- In 1999 the company’s portfolio expands even more when it buys Metrobus, a large operator in Surrey, Sussex and London.
- The following years it enters several markets and numerous companies are purchased to expand its portfolio.
VISION & VALUES OF GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC
Go-Ahead Group plc is committed to its shareholders, employees, passengers and communities from which it operates.
The company contributes to charities and supports fundraisings.
Some of the organisations that benefit from the company is Railway children and Transaid. The company invests nearly £ 1 million in its communities each year.
In 2019 alone, the company has been awarded with Best Business for CSR at the Plymouth Business Awards, Best Use of Technology at the Thames Valley Business Awards, Most Innovative Customer serving Operator at the Global Transport Ticketing Awards and it appears on the FTSE4Good for the 8th consecutive year.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC
Go-Ahead Group plc trades on the Financial Times Stock Exchange under the FTSE stock symbol GOG.
Data analysis for the company’s annual results for the year ending 29 June 2019 reports a total operating profit of £ 121.1 million.
Dividends are 102.08p per share. Earnings are 169.4p per share. Free cashflow is £ 74.1 million.
Regional bus customer satisfaction is 92 percent. Rail customer satisfaction is 81 percent.
Buy GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy GO-AHEAD GROUP PLC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?