GODADDY (GDDY) Stocks
📊 GoDaddy Inc. is a web hosting and internet domain registrar company. Its portfolio offers advertising in newspapers and television, shared website hosting, security, search engine optimization, hosting on virtual private servers as well as GoCentral, an online tool to build websites.
📊 Application products such as email accounts and email marketing, Microsoft Office 365 and telephony services are also offered. The company is trusted with nearly 78 million domain names.
📊 GoDaddy Inc. is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and has more than 13 other world-wide offices. The company employs more than 9 000 people across the globe that serves its nearly 18.5 million customers.
HISTORY OF GODADDY
- In 1997 the company is founded by Bob Parsons in Baltimore, Maryland. Technology Crossover Ventures, Silver Lake and KKR provides investments from equity funds. By 2005 the company is the Internet’s largest ICANN-accredited registrar.
- In 2013 GoDaddy buys Locu for a price of $ 70 million.
- By now it is the world’s largest ICANN-accredited registrar, four times larger than its biggest competitor. The same year NameMedia’s Afternic, a domain parking service named SmartName as well as a business name generator, NameFind, are purchased.
- By 2018 GoDaddy has more than 62 million registered domains and becomes the largest web host by market share.
- In 2016 the company buys FreedomVoice for a price of $ 42 million. During these years, GoDaddy buys nearly 12 other businesses, which expands the company’s portfolio impressively with calendar, email marketing and several other services.
VISION & VALUES OF GODADDY
- GoDaddy Inc. values its employees, shareholders, customers and communities from which it serves. The company contributes to several organizations and initiatives, especially ones that focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education and entrepreneurship.
- During the past few years more than $ 17 million has been donated to these organizations. The company’s mission is to be the leader in the industry and to offer positive earnings to shareholders.
- During the past few years, numerous awards has been presented to the company. A few of these awards include Great Arizona Business Ethics Awards, Inaugural Bulby Awards’ Best Use of a Single Letter Domain, SC Magazine’s award for Best Security Team as well as Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
- The company also receives the Best Places to Work in the Valley of Phoenix Business Journal for eight consecutive years, a Gold Stevie Award for the Year in Computer Services and it is nominated by Small Biz Trends for its Small Business Influencer Awards, just to name a few.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GODADDY
- GoDaddy Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “GDDY”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports a total revenue of $ 737.2 million. Total assets are $ 6,448.9 million. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 1,198.8 million.
- For the six months ending June 30, 2019 the company reports net cash provided by operating activities of $ 361.0 million. Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period are $ 1,198.8 million.