GOMarkets Demo Account
How to set up a GOMarkets Demo Account – Step by Step
To register for, and set up a demo account with GOMarkets, traders can follow these steps:
- Traders can navigate to the GOMarkets website and select ‘Try Free Demo’ from the top left corner of the homepage.
- As soon as the trader has clicked on the banner, they will be redirected to the online application form and required to provide their First and Last name, email address, mobile number, preferred platform, account type and currency.
- Traders need to ensure that they provide a real, correct mobile number as their password will be sent to this number via SMS.
- As soon as the trader has completed the required fields, they will need to click on the Captcha before clicking on ‘Submit’.
- After submitting the online application, the trader will be redirected to a new page where they will be informed that their login ID has been sent to the email address they provided, and the password to the mobile phone number they provided.
- In addition, the download for either MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5 (depending on what the trader chose) will automatically download and traders can follow the relevant prompts to install the trading platform.
- Alternatively, traders can follow the download links provided on the current page to download and install their trading platform of choice.
- As soon as the trader opens their trading platform, they can sign into their GOMarkets demo account using the credentials sent to them via email and SMS, respectively.
Trading can be a very intimidating task for beginners without prior knowledge, skill, or experience in trading and through the provision of demo accounts, brokers provide a comprehensive and risk free environment for beginner traders.
A demo account is often referred to as a practice account due to it providing traders with the ability and freedom to explore the broker’s offering without running the risk of incurring losses through the provision of virtual money with which to practice trading.
Beginner traders can use demo accounts to familiarize themselves with a live trading environment, where they can build up their trading skills by actively participating in trades and develop their own trading strategies.
Demo accounts are not merely intended only for beginners, but it provides more advanced traders the opportunity to explore what GOMarkets has to offer.
GOMarkets Demo Account Features
The GO Markets demo account features will depend on the trading platform that the trader uses, whether MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5, in conjunction with the demo account.
In other words, the demo account features can be accessed through the trading platform and will depend on GO Markets’ offering with regards to asset classes, financial instruments, spreads, leverage, and so on.
To gain access to the demo account, the trader has to download the trading platform to either of the following:
- Desktop – MS Windows, Linux, or Mac OS
- Mobile – Android smartphone or tablet, iOS iPhone, or iPad
Should the trader wish to use the Web Trader for either trading platform, access will be provided from the download page for each trading platform, respectively.
As soon as the trader has downloaded their trading platform, they can use the login details provided on the account verification page to log into the trading platform and they will have access to their GO Markets demo account.
Pros and Cons
|1. Demo account sign up fully digital||1. None noted|
|2. Sign up quick and hassle-free|
What is the difference between a demo and live trading account?
A demo account provides the trader with a practice account that can be used to practice trading in a risk free environment.
Demo accounts are often suited for beginners who need to build up experience with trading as well as advanced traders who would like to test their trading strategies and explore the offering of a broker before registering a live account.
Does GOMarkets offer a demo account?
Can I convert my demo account to a live trading account with GOMarkets?
Which live trading accounts does GOMarkets offer?
- Standard Account – AU$200 minimum deposit, leverage up to 1:500, zero commissions and spreads that start from 1 pip.
- GO Plus Account – AU$200 minimum deposit, leverage up to 1:500, AU$3.00 commissions charged per side and spreads that start form 0.0 pips.
What are the available deposit currencies for a live trading account?
- CHF, and