GREENBRIER COMPANIES (GBX) Stocks
ABOUT GREENBRIER COMPANIES
📊 Greenbrier Companies, Inc. is a transportation manufacturing company. Greenbrier’s portfolio includes railroad car manufacturing, retrofitting and refurbishment, railroad car leasing and management, marine barges, transportation as well as other services. The company is a leading American and European railroad freight car equipment designer, manufacturer and marketer. It offers parts and wheel services to North American railroad and other transportation businesses.
📊 Greenbrier has numerous facilities located in Oregon, Brazil, Poland, Mexico, Romania and Turkey. Its North America Rail sector manufacture a variety of railcars for North American industries such as shortline railroads, leasing companies and shippers.
📊 The company’s North America Marine sector offers its services world-wide. It uses state-of-the-art engineering software, production techniques and training programs to assist with marine transportation. Greenbrier’s Europe Rail sector is a manufacturing facility and offers custom wagon designs.
📊 The company’s South American Rail sector manufactures several different cargo freight cars to the leading Brazil railway companies.
📊 Greenbrier Companies, Inc. employs approximately 17 000 people in more than 60 locations across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe. The company is headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
HISTORY OF GREENBRIER COMPANIES
- In 1970 Greenbrier Leasing Corporation is formed through a partnership between M.D. Friedman companies and Commercial Metals Company.
- In 1981 Alan James and William Furman buys Greenbrier Leasing Corporation and it becomes a Greenbrier Company.
- It buys the FMC Corporation’s Marine and Rail Car Division in 1985 and changes its name to Gunderson, Inc.
- In 1994 the company has its initial public offering and is renamed the Greenbrier Companies, Inc. A rail freight rolling stock manufacturing facility in Canada, TrentonWorks, is purchased in 1995.
- During the next few year the company buys freight car and rolling stock equipment companies.
- In 2015 Greenbrier buys a 19.5 percent stake is Amsted-Maxion Hortolândia, a railcar manufacturer in Brazil, for a price of $ 15 million.
VISION & VALUES OF GREENBRIER COMPANIES
- Greenbrier Companies, Inc.’s mission is to provide safe, efficient and reliable freight transport services to people across the globe. The company is committed to providing its services to its customers, employees and shareholders with high ethical standards while considering the impact on its surrounding communities and environment.
- Employees are highly valued and the company provides a safe and healthy work environment. New opportunities are created to minimize its environmental footprint and contribute to communities. Greenbrier operates responsibly and during the past 20 years it has reduced emissions with more than 60 percent.
- The company and its employees support community initiatives and non-profit organizations with volunteer efforts and financial contributions.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GREENBRIER COMPANIES
- Greenbrier Companies, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “GBX”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending May 31, 2019 reports a revenue of $ 856,152 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 359,625 thousand. Net earnings are $ 25,847 thousand. Dividends are $ 8,293 thousand, $ 0.25 per share.