GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE (GPI) Stocks
ABOUT GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE
📊 Group 1 Automotive, Inc. is an automotive retailer.
📊 The company’s portfolio consists of approximately 184 dealerships that it owns and operates, 48 collision centers and 239 franchises across the United States, Brazil and the United Kingdom.
📊 Group 1 Automotive, Inc. is one of the leading dealership companies in the world.
📊 It offers new and used cars as well as light trucks, vehicle financing, service contracts, vehicle part and maintenance and repair services.
📊 Group 1 Automotive, Inc. operates through four divisions – New Vehicles, Used Vehicles, Finance and Insurance as well as Parts and Services.
📊 More than 30 brands are offered in its New Vehicle division, such as Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Jaguar, BMW, Audi and Land Rover.
📊 Group 1 Automotive, Inc. is a Fortune 300 company. It has numerous subsidiaries which includes Bob Howard Motors, Lubbock Motors, Miller Imports, Amarillo Motors-F, Mike Smith Imports, Ira Automotive Group, GPI Ltd, Bohn Holdings and Chandlers Garage Holdings.
📊 It employs more than 14 200 employees and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
HISTORY OF GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE
- In 1997 Group 1 Automotive, Inc. is founded by dealership owners Sterling McCall, Kevin Whalen, Bob Howard and Charles Smith. It has its initial public offering the same year and starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
- The company buys several Unites States businesses which includes Pat Peck Auto Group, Gene Messer Automotive Group, Bohn Auto Group, Miller Automotive Group and Ira Motor Group.
- From 2010 to 2017 Spire Automotive, Beadles Group, Elms Group, Essex Audi Group and several other dealerships are purchased in the United Kingdom. In 2013 Group 1 Automotive, Inc. buys UAB Motors Participacoes S.A, and automotive firm from Brazil.
- In 2015 it is renamed Group 1 Automotive Brasil. The company is now the United States’ third largest automotive retailer.
- In 2018 Group 1 Automotive, Inc. purchases 5 Mercedes-Benz dealerships and 3 other dealerships located in Bury St Edmunds, Kings Lynn, Peterborough, Cambridge and Norwich from Robinsons Motor Group.
- By now the company’s portfolio consists of more than 160 dealerships in 15 states across the United States, 60 dealerships in the United Kingdom and 18 dealerships in Brazil.
VISION & VALUES OF GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE
- Group 1 Automotive, Inc. values integrity, transparency, teamwork and professionalism.
- High standards are set and the company operates responsibly. Group 1 Automotive, Inc. is committed to minimizing its environmental footprint.
- In the past few years, the company has managed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 70.668 tons, gasoline by 8,882,605 gallons and energy by nearly 108 million kWh ($ 10,341,970).
- Trees are planted by the company that is the equivalent of 19,743 acres.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE
- Group 1 Automotive, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under NYSE stock symbol GPI.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total revenues of $ 3,005,689 thousand. Total assets are $ 5,225,761 thousand.
- Cash and cash equivalents are $ 37,740 thousand and total cost of sales are $ 2,551,436 thousand.
- Gross profit is $ 454,253 thousand. Dividends are $ 9,666 thousand, $ 0.52 per share. Potential investors can buy shares now at a good price.