ABOUT GROWTHPOINT PROPERTIES
📊 First registered as a public company in 1987, today Growthpoint Properties is the largest primary listed South African REIT group, with a 15 year record of uninterrupted dividend growth. The group functions as a diversified property investment holding company with an asset portfolio comprising a total value of over R100 billion. As such, Growthpoint is a leader in the property market, with a portfolio of 525 properties encompassing 6.7 square meters of industrial, office and retail space in both South Africa and Australia, including a lucrative 50% stake in Cape Town’s high-end V&A Waterfront, valued at R6.8 billion.
📊 Growthpoint is listed under the Financial Services Real Estate Investment Trust sector of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), where it trades under the stock symbol –GRT with a market cap of over R71 billion. The South African-based group has three regional offices located around the country, and employs approximately 700 people. Its growth has remained consistent, with ongoing lucrative acquisitions such as its R18.6 billion acquisition of Acucap Properties Limited and the Sycom Property fund. As a result, Growthpoint has historically enjoyed a flourishing share price on the JSE, consistently providing strong dividends for investors who choose to purchase them.
📊 The company has aligned all of its Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment reporting to the Property Charter, with an integrated approach that leverages its core business to support long-term development through local procurement, enterprise development and socio-economic development. Apart from its social development values, the company also invests in environmental sustainability with a number of solar investments and its range of green-rated buildings.
You might also like: GOLD FIELDS SHARES
GROWTHPOINT PROPERTIES PERFORMANCE
- Growthpoint Properties has pillared its positive growth forecast on a solid management strategy of good governance, while maintaining a transparent and fruitful relationship with its shareholders and providing insightful and expedient market information. The group’s high profits have allowed it to continue making sound capital investments with strong returns, as well as reaping earnings from the sale of its properties.
- While Growthpoint holds a solid position in the South African property market, the group has recently focused on international acquisition potential in the British and Western European property markets, as well as placing real estate investments in a number of African markets. To this end, the group has entered into equal joint ventures with Investec, a global investment management firm, in order to found a third party African real estate business. Added to this, the group has sought to open revenue streams from foreign investors through its inclusion on the FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index.
- All in all, Growthpoint Properties sound and transparent management strategy, lucrative acquisitions and longstanding insight into the South African property market have cemented its position as a leader in the property sector while maintaining a flourishing share price, making Growthpoint a solid buy with healthy dividend yields, and recent financial data indicates that Growthpoint has distributed dividends of up to R4.2 billion.
GROWTHPOINT PROPERTIES INVESTOR TIPS
- While the global economy has been fairly unstable of late, the live online stock charts indicate stability on Growthpoint’s share price with continued strong returns for those who buy them in 2019 and beyond.
- With the economy poised for an upswing, today Growthpoint Properties is set to continue its stellar trajectory while maintaining its core strength of sound management and solid capital investments.
You might also like: GLOBE TRADE CENTRE SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy GROWTHPOINT PROPERTIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN GROWTHPOINT PROPERTIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE GROWTHPOINT PROPERTIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of GROWTHPOINT PROPERTIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy GROWTHPOINT PROPERTIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : FORTRESS REIT SHARES