HANESBRANDS (HBI) Stocks
📊 Hanesbrands Inc., an American multinational clothing company, was incorporated on September 30, 2005 and has its headquarters in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The company owns several clothing brands, such as Hanes, Champion, Playtex, Bali, L’eggs, Just My Size, Wonderbra, Duefold, Maidenform, Sheer Energy and Sol, to name but a few.
📊 The company primarily sells shapewear, bras, panties, hosiery, men’s innerwear and activewear apparel in the Americas, Europe, Australia and Asia/Pacific. Hanesbrands Inc. operates and owns approximately 268 L’eggs Hanes Bali Playtex Factory Outlets and Hanesbrand Stores throughout the U.S. Its flagship store is situated in Winston-Salem.
📊 The company was founded in 1901 and boasts a long history of innovation, product excellence and brand recognition. Hanesbrands Inc. revolutionized Tagless T-shirts and underwear and invented the sports bra and the stretch-cup T-shirt bra.
📊 It was also the first company to advertise a bra (Playtex). The company’s ComfortBlend and temperature-control X-Temp fabrics and seamless Smart Sizes Bras are also firsts in the industry. Today, the company employs approximately 67 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: H&R BLOCK STOCKS
HISTORY OF HANESBRANDS
- Hanesbrands Inc. conducts its operations through four segments: Innerwear, Activewear, Direct to Consumer and International. As of the end of 2016, the company had 44 distribution centers of which 15 are located in the U.S and 29 outside the country.
- The Innerwear segment comprises the countries core apparel products such as underwear, socks and hosiery. Its brands comprise Hanes, Maidenform, Bali, Playtex, JMS/Just My Size, Donna Karan, DKNY, and L’eggs, to name but a few. The Activewear segment operates through its Champion, JMS/Just My Size and Hanes brands that include products such as T-shirts and fleece.
- Apart from its activewear, the company also provides uniforms for athletic programs such as C9 Champion, available at Target stores. The company also licenses the Champion name for footwear and sports accessories. Other brands in this segment include Knights and Hanes Beefy-T.
- The Direct to Consumer segment comprises the company’s domestic outlet stores and website operations that sell products directly to U.S. consumers. As of the end of 2016, the company operated 252 outlet stores in the U.S. as well as websites under the Hanes, One Hanes Place, JMS/Just My Size and Champion names.
- The International segment focuses on innerwear and activewear under the DIM, Bonds, Champion, Hanes, Playtex, Nur Die/Nur Der, Sheridan, Lovable, Wonderbra, Maidenform, Shock Absorber and Kendal, to name but a few. Its international markets comprise Europe, Australia, Japan, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.
VISION & VALUES OF HANESBRANDS
- Hanesbrands Inc. believes that understanding its clientele is paramount in outperforming its competition and leveraging its sustainable competitive advantage. It strives to be the world’s leading clothing company.
- The company adheres to values such as integrity, inclusivity, diversity, quality, superior performance, reliability and commitment.
- By implementing these values daily the company creates lasting relationships with its clientele and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HANESBRANDS
- Hanesbrands Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “HBI”. The company is an S&P component.
- The company’s solid performance is clearly demonstrated in its first-quarter 2019 results announced on May 2.
- Its GAAP operating profit increased 1% to US$148 million, while adjusted operating profit increased 2% to US$169 million. Net sales also increased by 8% to US$1.59 billion.
You might also like: GENUINE PARTS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS HANESBRANDS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy HANESBRANDS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN HANESBRANDS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE HANESBRANDS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of HANESBRANDS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy HANESBRANDS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : GARTNER STOCKS