HARLEY-DAVIDSON (HOG) Stocks
📊 Harley-Davidson, Inc. (H-D or Harley), an American motorcycle manufacturer, was incorporated on March 8, 1991 and has its headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The company is the parent company for the group of companies operating as Harley-Davidson Motor Company (HDMC) and Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS).
📊 Harley was founded in 1903. It was one of two leading American motorcycle manufacturers to survive the Great Depression. Over the years the company has negotiated various challenges such as subsidiary and ownership arrangements, poor economic health and product quality and strong global completion. Today, it is one of the world’s most iconic motorcycle brands with a huge loyal following.
📊 Harley-Davidson, Inc. has production facilities in York, Pennsylvania; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Kansas City, Missouri; Manaus, Brazil, as well as in India. It also has a new plant in Thailand. It markets its products globally and licenses and markets merchandise under the Harley-Davidson brand. Merchandise includes apparel, home décor, accessories, toys, scale figures of its motorcycles and video games.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 6 000 people across its global operations.
You might also like: HANESBRANDS STOCKS
HISTORY OF HARLEY-DAVIDSON
- Harley-Davidson, Inc. conducts its operations through two primary segments: Motorcycles & Related Products and Financial Services. Motorcycles & Related Products designs, manufactures and sells on-road Harley-Davidson motorcycles, as well as parts and general merchandise. It also offers related services. The company sells its products in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) and the Asia Pacific region.
- It also offers a variety of services and business management training programs and customized dealer software package. The on-road motorcycle market is divided into various categories such as Cruiser, Touring, Standard, Sportbike and Dual. The company has a dealer network located in 97 countries globally. It also operates the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee.
- The company’s Financial Services Segment comprises HDFS which offers retail financing and insurance-related programs to dealers and their retail customers. It finances and services wholesale inventory receivables and retail customer loans for the purchase of Harley-Davidson motorcycles. It offers these services to customers in the U.S and Canada.
- HDFS also functions as an agent for certain unaffiliated insurance companies by offering motorcycle insurance and extended service contracts, as well as credit- and motorcycle-maintenance protection. The company’s Financial Services segment has offices in Chicago, Illinois; Plano, Texas and Carson City, Nevada.
VISION & VALUES OF HARLEY-DAVIDSON
- Harley-Davidson, Inc. continuously strives to improve its mutually beneficial relationships – with customers, suppliers, employees and shareholders alike. The company believes the key to success is to balance stakeholders’ interests through empowering everyone to focus on value-added activities.
- It is passionate about fulfilling the dreams of motorcyclists worldwide.
- The company is action-orientated and a leader in its field. By conducting its operations with integrity, the company preserves its reputation for excellence and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HARLEY-DAVIDSON
- Harley-Davidson, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “HOG”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- The company’s GAAP diluted EPS for the first quarter of 2019 was $0.80 per share, surpassing company expectations.
- Total revenue for fiscal 2018 was US$5.716.875 billion and net income was US$531.523 million. These financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: H&R BLOCK STOCKS
LATEST NEWS HARLEY-DAVIDSON
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy HARLEY-DAVIDSON Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN HARLEY-DAVIDSON STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE HARLEY-DAVIDSON STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of HARLEY-DAVIDSON stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy HARLEY-DAVIDSON stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : GENUINE PARTS STOCKS