HARLEY-DAVIDSON (HOG) Stocks
📊 Harley-Davidson, Inc. (H-D or Harley), an American motorcycle manufacturer, was incorporated on March 8, 1991 and has its headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The company is the parent company for the group of companies operating as Harley-Davidson Motor Company (HDMC) and Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS).
📊 Harley was founded in 1903. It was one of two leading American motorcycle manufacturers to survive the Great Depression. Over the years the company has negotiated various challenges such as subsidiary and ownership arrangements, poor economic health and product quality and strong global completion. Today, it is one of the world’s most iconic motorcycle brands with a huge loyal following.
📊 Harley-Davidson, Inc. has production facilities in York, Pennsylvania; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Kansas City, Missouri; Manaus, Brazil, as well as in India. It also has a new plant in Thailand. It markets its products globally and licenses and markets merchandise under the Harley-Davidson brand. Merchandise includes apparel, home décor, accessories, toys, scale figures of its motorcycles and video games.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 6 000 people across its global operations.
HISTORY OF HARLEY-DAVIDSON
- Harley-Davidson, Inc. conducts its operations through two primary segments: Motorcycles & Related Products and Financial Services. Motorcycles & Related Products designs, manufactures and sells on-road Harley-Davidson motorcycles, as well as parts and general merchandise. It also offers related services. The company sells its products in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) and the Asia Pacific region.
- It also offers a variety of services and business management training programs and customized dealer software package. The on-road motorcycle market is divided into various categories such as Cruiser, Touring, Standard, Sportbike and Dual. The company has a dealer network located in 97 countries globally. It also operates the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee.
- The company’s Financial Services Segment comprises HDFS which offers retail financing and insurance-related programs to dealers and their retail customers. It finances and services wholesale inventory receivables and retail customer loans for the purchase of Harley-Davidson motorcycles. It offers these services to customers in the U.S and Canada.
- HDFS also functions as an agent for certain unaffiliated insurance companies by offering motorcycle insurance and extended service contracts, as well as credit- and motorcycle-maintenance protection. The company’s Financial Services segment has offices in Chicago, Illinois; Plano, Texas and Carson City, Nevada.
VISION & VALUES OF HARLEY-DAVIDSON
- Harley-Davidson, Inc. continuously strives to improve its mutually beneficial relationships – with customers, suppliers, employees and shareholders alike. The company believes the key to success is to balance stakeholders’ interests through empowering everyone to focus on value-added activities.
- It is passionate about fulfilling the dreams of motorcyclists worldwide.
- The company is action-orientated and a leader in its field. By conducting its operations with integrity, the company preserves its reputation for excellence and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HARLEY-DAVIDSON
- Harley-Davidson, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “HOG”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- The company’s GAAP diluted EPS for the first quarter of 2019 was $0.80 per share, surpassing company expectations.
- Total revenue for fiscal 2018 was US$5.716.875 billion and net income was US$531.523 million. These financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.